Our Failed Political Press ™ (Part Infinity+)

Happy Hour News

News at 11.

Proof those media mother-eff’ers learned NOTHING:

Good night and good luck.

This entry was posted in 2024 Goat Rodeo, Hair Führer Donald Trump, Our Failed Political Press. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Our Failed Political Press ™ (Part Infinity+)

1. Jimmy T says:

I just had to look up the Alfalfa Club, and found this. The club, founded in 1913, got around to admitting African Americans in 1974. It didn’t admit women until 1994. Legend has it that the club was named after the alfalfa plant because of the plant’s thirst. The name implies that its members, like alfalfa, will do “anything for a drink.”
    Yeah totally a club for the rich and powerful. Us commoners would never get invited…

2. ali redford says:

Meanwhile, I’m watching a somewhat lighthearted and very cordial but also quite candid talk between Dick Cavett, Jack Anderson, and Paul Newman (on an oldies channel owned by a villain media company, but somehow these episodes slip right through.) It’s interesting how things have changed simply since [I keep searching and can’t get the year the show first broadcast,] but anyway.

• gruaud says:

S1972E04 Guests: Dave Garroway, Jack Anderson, Paul Newman,
      J. Daniel Mahoney

January 14, 1972 ABC (US)

…back when this country was finally heading in a progressive direction. That flower nipped in the bud with the election of Reagan.

3. RevZafod says:

I just figured the Alfalfa club was a bunch of fans of Our Gang from the mid-thirties.

4. ali redford says:

😃 Little Rascals was the 1st thing that came into my mind, too, before I recalled the big deals when they “let in” men of color, then women.
    sigh

5. w3ski4me says:

So now that I have learned of this exclusive club, I begin to wonder how many others there are. I don’t want to get all conspiracy-minded here but what kind of Vodo are they all running on our government?
    Government by cabal is not in our best interests.
    w3ski