Vote: When Push Comes To Shove-It

We’re putting this very important vote on top, for all the obvious reasons. Fresher posts —if any!— will be below

I’ve narrowed down the sobriquet submittals to the ones I like best (and as I will have to type the nickname, to ones I can reasonably spell, and lordy you guys know my spiling skillz!) and our nominees are:

For those having trouble, here is the list, in order:

• Liar Tuck
  • Spurious George
  • Mrs. Pantsfire
  • Brazilli Manilli
  • Devlodermort

I quite like a lot of other ones, too —especially the variations of Baron Munchausen, but damn, I misspelled it like 5 times and even when cutting and pasting it from the comment, it still says it is a typo, so no way will I ever get it right.

Many of the nominations work well as descriptors, so they will no doubt make an appearance for the duration of George of the Bungle’s hopefully short career.

(Full Disclosure: to get a poll, I had to use the new Interface, and it does things differently, and I have no idea why it put it at noon when I entered 3PM)

This entry was posted in snark and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Vote: When Push Comes To Shove-It

1. Martin Pollard says:

I can’t read the options, it’s nothing but five gray ovals. 😢

2. MDavis says:

But how can I vote when the not-even-on-the-ballot “George of the Bungle” is .. so perfect?
    Oh, well, I’ll vote on another.
    … Damn! I did vote, but I don’t know what for. It was nothing but grey oblongs until I clicked. What is this curiously appropriate voting platform? Where you don’t know who the heck you’re voting for until it’s too late? Name him after that, maybe, total dark horse.
    Crowdsignal? More like Clown Pleaser.

3. MDavis says:

For those having trouble, here is the list, in order:

Liar Tuck
    Spurious George
    Mrs. Pantsfire
    Brazilli Manilli
    Devlodermort

I think I’ve voted for three options, so far, in trying to figure out the UI. They’re in order, so click on the oblong matching the entry you prefer, I guess.
    And, Tengrain, sorry about the multiple votes, I couldn’t figure out how to undo that.

4. purplehead says:

Is this a Republican voter suppression-designed poll? They show as dark grey/black solid ovals, so I had to vote more than once to see for whom I was voting. Sorry about that!

Purp –

It’s the wretched Gutenberg interface that I avoid using. The jeniuses at WordPress keep taking away features from the older, betting interface to try to force bloggers to the terrible new one. Anyway, they took away the polling and this is what it does, I don’t know why, but I did not change any settings.

I’ve been fighting with the WP people over another feature that they foisted on us, called Blaze. Any other WP Bloggers out there who want to talk about Blaze?

5. WP is so committed to the principle of a secret ballot…they keep it secret from the voters, too

6. Oneofthebobs says:

Brazili Vanilli.

7. gruaud says:

I couldn’t see what i voted for and picked Liar Tuck by accident.

I blame Dominion.

8. Another Kiwi says:

Put me down for spurious George.

9. beckymaenot says:

I love all of these. Once again- Scissorheads do not disappoint. But- If I have to choose: in this order- my fave is on top.

Spurious George
    Devlodermort
    Liar Tuck

Am I the only one that likes how “Spurious George Devoldermort” sounds as a full and complete name for this total asshole?

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s