Bad Marketing, Cont.

Um…

This entry was posted in Bad Marketing. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Bad Marketing, Cont.

1. Jimmy T says:

You can never underestimate the thrill serious quilters get from a new pattern. Yeah Cindy T is amongst them, but at least she hasn’t recently tried to quilt me some new socks…

• beckymaenot says:

Speaking as a basement quilterchick- it really is a thrill Jimmy T. I’m not good at it, but unlike jumping out of airplanes (totally agree with 1ofthebobs)- quilting won’t kill you if you mess it up.

2. Oneofthebobs says:

I’ve never quilted. Never jumped out of an airplane either. Thrills aren’t my thing.

3. threadtales says:

As a professional quilter, part of that multi-billion dollar industry and someone who has been published in more than one of those mags, it is a tiny bit thrilling to some of us.

4. My wife of fifty-plus years and her knitting group are ALL accomplished knitters. My favorite of their many abilities is changing a pattern on the fly. McWife has knitted LARGE quilts for her daughters, a few close relatives, and friends.

5. artahzen says:

I am a big time quilter. I an an officer of my quilt guild too. Almost all of my quilts are donated to shelters and homes, although some are sold at our quilt shows as fund raisers. I used to be a stained glass artist and have found quilting is similar in that you take large pieces of material, cut it up into little pieces and then reassemble them. But in quilting, you seldom cut yourself and fabric is not as heavy as glass. Other than that, patterns and colors are used to create something beautiful. It is thrilling, let me tell you!

6. MDavis says:

Wow, TG, you got a big response on this one. Thrilling is in the eye of the needle.
    Also, textile art is thrilling to me. I used to covet looms, but no way I had the means to actually own one at that time.

7. beckymaenot says:

And once again- this group of internet misfits – aka THE SCISSORHEADS- do not disappoint.