UPDATED: The Stupid Coup Investigation Concludes

History was just made as a congressional committee has now referred a former president of the United States for criminal prosecution.

Let’s now see where that takes us, and I hope it takes us somewhere fast. Let’s just say I’ve earned my cynicism.

UPDATE: The WaPo

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol voted Monday to send to Justice Department prosecutors a recommendation that former president Donald Trump be charged with four crimes: inciting or assisting an insurrection, obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress, conspiracy to defraud the United States and conspiracy to make a false statement. The move has no legal weight, but marks the first time Congress has made such a referral for a former president…

The committee is also referring four Republican House members — Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) and Reps. Jim Jordan (Ohio), Scott Perry (Pa.), and Andy Biggs (Ariz.) — to the Ethics Committee for ignoring the panel’s subpoenas.

This entry was posted in Hair Führer Donald Trump, Legitimate Political Discourse, The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to UPDATED: The Stupid Coup Investigation Concludes

1. Jimmy T says:

The cynics amongst us have good reason to be cynical. The justice system is by design intended to move quite slowly. Still, if anyone deserves to be held accountable it’s TFG and company including John Eastman. From Politicus…

But with the GQP getting control of the committees I don’t expect much to happen with those guys

2. gruaud says:

Jack Smith, this is the moment that I hope you’ve been waiting for.

Merrick Garland, this is the moment that I think you’ve been dreading.

• Martin Pollard says:

Unless he’s actually making some N-dimensional chess moves that we don’t know about, I’m going to continue to assume that Garland is hiding under his bed and sucking his thumb.

3. Richard says:

Nothing will come of it. As much as i would like to see that f*t f*** lined up against a wall and executed Balkan style, that is not how we do things here. The best we can do is confine him to Mar a Lago and watch his former allies tear each other apart.

4. purplehead says:

Here is an excellent comment I read on Pharyngula blog. The poster did kind of calm me down about the apparent slow progress of the Justice Dept.

5. Richard says:

Or maybe we can think like an oyster, and gradually cover this irritating particle with nacre, and sell this pearl back to his people? On second thought, it is too risky. I dont want these people anywhere near my oysters.