Saturday Palate Cleanser

Cats make terrible drinking buddies, and they use too much vermouth.

This entry was posted in cats, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Saturday Palate Cleanser

1. gruaud says:

An English science fiction author taught me the best way to make a martini:

Pour a little vermouth in a glass. Swirl it around. Now dump it into the sink. Pour in gin that was vigorously shaken with ice. Drop in an olive from a height of no less than 6 inches.

Cheers, mate.

• RevZafod says:

If you want a really dry martini, pick up the glass, whisper “vermouth” over the rim, and fill with gin.

I was told you wait for the last ray of sunlight on the shortest day of the year to pass through the bottle of vermouth into the bottle of gin, and then put the vermouth away until next year.

• RevZafod says:

Well, TG, I guess you can’t escape your upbringing in California, where they make fake vermouth and grow olives, but you’ve been drinking soggytinis all these years. Passing the light thru the vermouth means that the vermouth and gin must be in the same room; obvious contamination.

Remember; the whisper must be barely audible.

My father assured me that if I ever needed to be rescued from a deserted isle, all I had to do is to start making a Martini and people would show up out of nowhere to tell me I was doing it all wrong.

Sound advice, but I think he was just using it as an excuse to keep gin on his person at all times.

2. MDavis says:

Mixed feelings on this video.
    On the one hand, I doubt the kitten understands that the straw has a drink inside – he’s just messing about with the toy.
    On the other hand, never drink brandy with your cat. It will encourage him to treat you like an equal, and he’ll end up refusing to eat on the floor… Come to think about it, same thing as normal cats, really.