Both Sides Don’t, Part Infinity

Jonathan Greenblatt, national director and CEO of the Anti-Defamation League, said it is astonishing and alarming that two of the nation’s leading purveyors of antisemitism were “breaking bread with the erstwhile head of the GOP.”

“I would characterize this as the normalization of antisemitism. It has now become part of the political process in a way we hadn’t seen before,” Greenblatt said. “And that is not unique to Republicans. It is not just a Republican problem. It is a societal problem.”

— from Antisemitic celebrities stoke fears of normalizing hate

I’m not one to correct the ADL, but this is so egregious I have to say something: show your work, Mr. Greenblatt. This is a distinctly Republican problem. This is a conservative problem. Show me who on the Left is promoting anti-Semitic beliefs.

This entry was posted in Anti-Semitism, Both Sides. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Both Sides Don’t, Part Infinity

1. Martin Pollard says:

The number of people on the left who espouse anti-semetic believes is likely so small as to be unobservable even with an electron microscope. But then, that wouldn’t make for a very good #BothSides™ narrative, would it?

• Nan Mykel says:

Greenblatt is probably much more informed about widespread social put-downs than we non-Jewish are, although admittedly thank goodness many of those don’t show themselves at the voting booth. That’s his job: being aware of every little (or not so little) hurt.

• ali redford says:

That’s what I was thinking, too. To me, saying it’s a societal problem isn’t necessarily blaming those of us on the left, or Democrats (even though he’s not not including us, either; I know.) He’s just saying antisemitism’s out there everywhere.
        And it is. Around these parts, those people vote Republican whether they are or not. I guess that’s what I’m hearing him saying.🤷‍♀️☮

You guys are much more kind than I am.

If Greenblatt said that anti-semitism is a Republican problem for which we need a societal solution, I’d be right with you. But he didn’t.

• ali redford says:

True.

2. Joel Berger says:

The right will scream up and down about the Squad and the fact that they are lukewarm about supporting Israel’s new fascist government. But that’s not Jew hating and never was.

• Sadly for the ADL, they have increasingly viewed any criticism of Israel as antisemitic.

I swear, they could start loading Palestinians into cattle cars for forced deportation to camps, and their response is “Compare us to Nazis??? That’s beyone the pale! You clearly hate Jews!”

3. Green Eagle says:

Show someone on the left who is promoting anti-Semitic beliefs? I will show you millions: every single person who supports BDS, which falsely accuses Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East, of being an apartheid state, while utterly ignoring the fact that every single Arab country practices open apartheid, and many of them engage in ethnic cleansing too. Every one of these people who support a genocidal, terrorist government like Hamas, yet who attack Israel are engaged in unapologetic anti-Semitism; when you lie about the only tiny Jewish majority country in the world in order to attack it, while ignoring monstrous behavior in every surrounding country, that is anti-Semitism.