The Terrible Sand Kingdom of Arizonastan
- Sen. Mark Kelly has been re-elected, his opponent Blake Masters (R- Peter Thiel) is already declaring a war on amply be-chinned Mitch McConnell for not supporting him enough.
- Adrian Fontes (D) has been elected the next Arizona Secretary of State, and election denier Mark Finchem (R) goes to defeat, and we’re pretty sure fraud will be claimed because, well, Finchem if you got ‘em. Arizona election officials —most of whom are Republicans— are calling on Arizona GOP candidates to tone down their election-denying, anti-democratic rhetoric.
- Katie Hobbs (D) is up on Kari Lake (R), 50.7% to 49.3%, and the remaining votes to be counted are mail-in from Maracopa County, so Hobbs is very likely to clinch this thing this weekend.
- Joe Lombardo (R) has been elected governor of Nevada (sometime you shoot craps, I guess?)
- That literal bastard Adam Laxalt (R) has 468,437 votes to Democrat Senator Catherine Cortez Masto’s 467,575 with 94% reporting. The remaining votes, however, are in Clark County where most Nevadans live, so it could break for her. If it does, expect a recount (if someone wants to pay for one).
UPDATE: Tiger Beat agrees with us:
The GOP’s path is narrowing, with Democratic incumbent CATHERINE CORTEZ MASTO continuing to cut into Republican ADAM LAXALT’s margin in Nevada, which now stands at 862 votes. Most of the roughly 40,000 remaining ballots, overwhelmingly from the state’s two historically Democratic urban counties, are set to be tabulated later today. Read Jon Ralston’s morning lookahead
The Terrible Snow Kingdom of Alaska
They have not finished counting, but there is no doubt that the gubnor and senator races will result with Republican wins.
Republicans need to win BOTH Nevada and Georgeduh to control the Senate; Democrats only need one, and the other would be sauce for the goose, as Mr. Spock once said.
Exhale. Breathe. Exhale: we probably got this.