Report: Twitter is Running Like One of Musk’s Self-Driving Cars

Porta-Potties perform “Twitter” in interpretive dance!

The implosion continues. Anyone who says that Elon Musk is a business genius is full of beans.

• The FTC said it’s tracking developments at Twitter “with deep concern,” per Reuters.
  • It made the comment after four top execs in charge of privacy at Twitter reportedly resigned.
  • Elon Musk said on Thursday that he and his team would fully comply with FTC rules.

The Federal Trade Commission said it is “tracking recent developments at Twitter with deep concern” after four of the company’s privacy and compliance officers quit, according to Reuters.
“No CEO or company is above the law, and companies must follow our consent decrees,” Douglas Farrar, FTC public affairs director, told Reuters.”Our revised content order gives us new tools to ensure compliance, and we are prepared to use them.”
The comment comes amid a chaotic two weeks for Twitter while its new owner, Elon Musk, tries to turn around the troubled company [the NOW troubled company, Fixed it for you. – TG] through sweeping team changes, recalibrating the social media site’s content filters, and a revamp of its paid services.

So, if we got this right, Twitter executives are fleeing, advertisers are fleeing, users are fleeing, the Federal Trade Commission is watching with concern, Musk is saying bankruptcy is not out of the question.

So yeah, Twitter is running like one of his self-driving cars.

This entry was posted in Bastards, Billionaire Bastards, blood sucking leeches, CEO Bastards, Elon Musk, Our Failed Social Media, Social Media, Twitter. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Report: Twitter is Running Like One of Musk’s Self-Driving Cars

1. Martin Pollard says:

I kept repeating that Twitter wouldn’t last a Scaramucci under Elmo “Sooper Jeen-yus™” Muskrat’s mismanagement, but I thought I was only half-joking. Turns out, I may be more prophetic than I realized.

2. annieasksyou says:

Much as I love aspects of Twitter (I just placed a tweet from Marc Elias in my newest post–how else would I have instant access to Marc Elias, et al?), I think it’s probably better that Musk destroys it before he can make it into a massive hate machine.

• Best go back and screenshot those embedded twwets, because when Twitter goes dark so do all the embeds.

I was thinking that Lame Usk blowing up Twitter in such a spectacular fashion would piss off his backers (like Bone Saw who dropped billions of Saudi blood money into the venture) but I’ve run into more than one person who has noted that MBS might well happily drop some billions to erase Twitter from the world; all the wrong sorts of people use it to organize and such.

All that is true, but I’ve used too many tweets over the years. It’s just not worth it to me to capture them again.

That said, I have used the URL instead of the embed, so in theory they might work on the Internet Archive. Allegedly the Library of Congress keeps a record, too, but I have a hard time believing that.

• meremark says:

TG,

Deep State’s got your back…up

3. I would have been happy to help Mush dispose of 10 billion or so of the money he is currently lighting on fire. IMAGINE what an architect could do with that!

• MDavis says:

Imagine what every school district in the U.S. of A. and territories could do with that, with enough spare change left over to mitigate a lot of hurricane (and other climate change related) damage.

4. it is remarkable to see how Twitter is evaporating in front of my eyes. My big regret is that Shudder and the MutantFam will lose the platform for watching Joe Bob live together. Considering how Shudder has profited from The Last Drive In in the last couple of years, maybe they are looking at some way to construct an alternative…

5. Buttermilk Sky says:

From takeover to bankruptcy in less than a month — that’s even better than Trump’s casino record. What a shame the Musk can never run for president.

6. Pingback: Veterans Day, Election Red to Pink, Trump Trumped, Twitter Twit, Ukraine – FairAndUNbalanced.com