Some Stupid To Start Your Day?

We don’t really understand this talking point from Republicans, but…

At least 20 conservative candidates and elected officials have claimed this year that K-12 schools are placing litter boxes on campus or making other accommodations for students who identify as cats, according to an NBC News review of public statements.

Every school district that has been named by those 20 politicians said either to NBC News or in public statements that these claims are untrue. There is no evidence that any school has deployed litter boxes for students to use because they identify as cats.

But the claim has taken on a life of its own among a growing number of Republicans, conservative influencers and political commentators. In an episode of Spotify’s “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast this week, host Joe Rogan told former U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard that a litter box was installed in a school that his friend’s wife worked at for a girl who “identifies as an animal.” A clip of the discussion quickly began to circulate on social media. Rogan did not name the school, and his publicist did not respond to a request for comment.

They’ve lost their damn minds.

This entry was posted in cats, Wingnuttia. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Some Stupid To Start Your Day?

1. Stony Pillow says:

They lie. That simple.

2. Jimmy T says:

The natural response to such stupidity is the claimants are il-litter-ate. What else could explain it???

3. Tune in next time for another thrilling installment of Joe Rogan’s Russian Asset Hour.

4. MDavis says:

I can think of a couple of possibilities –
    1) They’re riffing of that lawyer who got the cat-face-filter stuck on his video connection and couldn’t locate his grandkids to fix it for him. I remember some quote like “I am not a cat” from that incident.
    B) They are taking a coded swipe at The Owl House. Multi-tasking in fact – i) taking a swipe at Disney, since they were mean to Florida for insisting on sticking to their taxation/development/tourism contract with Florida and II) sniping at a kid’s show where the protagonist is an exuberant girl who wears a cat hoodie and has a girlfriend.

But, honestly, it’s probably something a lot stupider.

5. Martin Pollard says:

No big secret why schools keep kitty litter around. It’s used to neutralize and clean up vomit. Been that way ever since I was in elementary school 45 years ago. Right wingers have completely lost what little of their minds they had.

• Buttermilk Sky says:

And for kids who may need to be locked down during shooter events. The country we have chosen to live in.

• MDavis says:

I had no idea. It is also a common feature of garages, for oil spills. Cheap and effective.

• And in the trunks of cars in winter.

Back when I lived in NY (in the late BBBB’s neck of the woods) I had 2 20 lb sacks in the trunk of our ’72 Dodge Duster. Helped with traction with the weight, and when that failed helped with traction when dumped under the tires.

I remember coming down a hill to merge onto the Taconic Parkway headed to White Plains when we hit black ice. started sliding and did a lazy 540° spin and gently landed with my rear bumper in a snowbank facing backwards to see a solid line of cars slow down and stop, having see my ‘fun’ .

I do not miss winter one tiny bit at all.

I prefer to imagine it as an experiment to see just how far they can go with the Possum Hollar daydream believers.

7. pagan in repose says:

The question of course is what is it they don’t want us to notice or find out about. Like some other other nefarious, malignant antihuman thing they have done or are doing

8. paul fredine says:

i’d rather identify as a cat than whatever it is that joe rogan claims to be.

9. Who uses kitty litter to clean up vomit? That’s idiocy. I have cats & I don’t use cat litter to clean up their vomit. There’s plenty of other cleaners for that, cleaners that don’t create a NEW mess as you clean.

Not only do I own cats, but I used to have dogs & I am a mother & I used to live with men who drank too much. I know all about cleaning up after sick animals, be they four- or two-legged.

I do remember that my dad always used to put unscented kitty little in the oil drip pan under the cars in the garage, and always Always ALWAYS kept the garage doors closed to keep out neighborhood cats.

• That’s different. My dad never did that but my third ex-husband did that. & I know people who use cat litter on ice to help keep the car from sliding in the winter. But ya know, that’s old school cat litter, the old clay stuff. I don’t think the newer cat litter doesn’t work like that but I could be wrong.

• MDavis says:

The more I learn the dumber I feel for not figuring something out already.