PSA: Final January 6 Hearing Today, 1PM Eastern

H/T Scissorhead Skinny-D

It’s showtime!

On today’s final episode of The Stupid Coup: Legitimate Political Discourse the select committee will reveal more footage demonstrating that Hair Füror knew that there would be violence at the Capitol and had no interest in preventing it. In other words, he knew that the law was going to be broken and made no effort to uphold the law. A fine oath of office, that.

Per Tiger Beat on the Potomac (thanks Charlie!) email thingie,

Today the panel will “take a step back” to examine the push to undo President Joe Biden’s win in a two-and-a-half hour hearing with promises of new video footage and documents from the Secret Service trove – but no live witnesses expected…

The hearing will likely feature evidence obtained after the slate of summer hearings, like interviews with cabinet members about conversations regarding potential invocation of the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from power and documentary footage of longtime Trump ally Roger Stone.

A clip to watch for: Stone, one day before Election Day, telling an associate, “Fuck the voting, let’s get right to the violence,” while laughing.

So it is complete with OG Batman villain, The Penguin. cool, cool.

Anyway, to put this in context of the midterms just a few weeks away, the candidates who are Big Steal enablers and Election Deniers might be in the ol’ between a rock and hard place: as more voters realize that Trump lost bigly, knew he lost bigly, and was trying to use an armed mob to overturn the election results, well, the more difficult it will be for those candidates to close the deal.

This entry was posted in Hair Führer Donald Trump, Legitimate Political Discourse, The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to PSA: Final January 6 Hearing Today, 1PM Eastern

1. beckymaenot says:

While we hope that regular, average voters realize that it was an actual coup attempt and take that into consideration as they go to the polls next month. The fact remains that the R voters who were still Trump supporters before this last hearing will still be Trump supporters after.

They do not care about democracy and they absolutely want an authoritarian strong man. The R politicians who have not stood up to Trump and have instead used Trump and his supporters to amass more power also do not care about democracy and don’t mind a fascist shift in our government, as long as it’s their fascist in charge.

Do not kid yourselves. They will continue to use the violent, Trump supporting R voters to get their way and those people will still do Trump’s bidding. They will still be angry, unrepentant and violent, and in fact will likely be MORE violent. Particularly if the Dems manage to get their shit together and pull out a mid terms victory.

The only way forward to stop the slide into fascism is to prosecute the fuck out of every single person who participated in the coup plotting, planning and execution. The DOJ needs to arrest Trump now, hold him accountable for his treason and show the American public (and the rest of the world) that we are a nation of laws and no-one is above the law.

We all knew this would happen. We kept saying it was a worst case scenario when Trump was elected, but in our hearts- we knew him actually getting elected WAS the worst case. We all knew this was coming. Once the 2016 election results were in, we all knew it. And while we were busy banding together to elect Joe Biden in 2020 and celebrating our victory over evil, the R’s have been busy taking over the courts, state level governments and rigging the election systems to favor themselves so they can stay in power.

• beckymaenot says:

This is just so goddamn depressing. I’m out. I need a bottle of vodka, a bunch of puppies, and some baby goat videos just to keep from slashing my fucking wrists.

Becky –

If it is worth slashing your wrists, it is worth fighting for, too. Also, this blog is my primal scream, let it be yours, too.

I get it, though, I really do. It’s why MPS tries to have palate cleansers.

• ali redford says:

I get it, too, but we gotta hang in. We can do it. Meanwhile, I think your suggestion of mental health treatment sounds great-wish we lived closer-cheers!
        PS: 1 shot vodka, a spritz of orange liquer, and lime juice to finish off, in a shot glass. It’s even named Kamikaze, and was my favorite back in the 80s when my concerns were abortion rights, cost of living, and Ronnie having the bomb.

• If I were wont to get a tattoo, it would be this. Well said.

2. w3ski4me says:

I can’t help but love the hearings, so much dirt displayed. But, how much will it actually help? If I hated Donny before, I would really hate him now, as I do.
    As for tRump devotes, I don’t think they will change over this. Too many ways for them to discount the facts already, and new facts won’t matter.
    Sad but likely true. We do have a big bang to look forward to from the ladies, however. I am so looking forward to a massive wave of pro-choice female voters and pray that will be the wave we need.
    The tRumpers need to be institutionalized.
    w3ski

The cultists will not be moved, I know that. They want a strongman and fascist to punish the people they don’t like. Nothing else matters to them.

Who I want to be moved are the detached from politics citizens. I want the great unheard to see what happens when they don’t participate.

Seriously, the prznint himself lead a coup against his own government/country, and his political party is fine with that?

I dunno, I suspect even the cynical and jaded Both Sider voters might suddenly wake up if they get this pounded into them hard enough.

3. beckymaenot says:

I appreciate this blog -TG- boy do I ever.

Primal scream indeed. I’m here for that. I appreciate the commenting privileges here as well as the often witty, snarky and similar thoughts posted by MPS followers. Scissorheads never fail to buoy my spirits, renew my faith in humanity and help me to laugh a bit. Gallows humor- sure, but needed and def appreciated.

Dependable Renegade got me through the Bush years, and I found your place through WaterTiger. MPS has saved my sanity more times than I can count. I will now and forever be a Scissorhead.

Additionally, while I may sometimes feel like opening a vein due to the shitstorm this world sometimes is, I will never give up the fight. And having fellow Scissorheads making me feel less alone is a big part of that.

So- I have pulled on my big girl panties and will continue to fight the good fight until I can no longer lift the sword. Fight on fellow progressives. I’m with you all the way. Thanks for being there for me- all of you.