Some Fries With Your Stupid, Texas?

But he loves you, buddy.

Be proud, Texas:

Texas banned more books from school libraries this past year than any other state in the nation, targeting titles centering on race, racism, abortion and LGBTQ representation and issues.

This entry was posted in Book Banning, Fascism, Texas, America's Lab for Bad Policy. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Some Fries With Your Stupid, Texas?

1. Jimmy T says:

I was outraged when Texass banned Anne Frank’s diary, and I’m still outraged because so many Texans fought and some died while fighting against the Nazi empire. I guess the good news is that most of the banned titles can be found online by an industrious youngster, but given the hostility towards the written word they’re very few adults to put these stories in context. This is so sad…

2. Ten Bears says:

Dumber’n rocks not nearly as good lookin’ used to be snark.

3. I’m reminded of a Randy Newman lyric – “College men from LSU, went in dumb came out dumb too”.

I genuinely fear for the future they’re building for the masses of kids who are involuntarily subjected to this educational malfeasance. While morons like TFG’s kids start on 3rd base, these kids haven’t even been told they’re in the game. They’re up in the stands selling peanuts, trying to survive.

4. schmice3 says:

[puke]

5. RevZafod says:

And I have to live in this state with these stupid assholes, and it pains me every day.

6. w3ski4me says:

I understand they want to ban Tarzan now. After all, they weren’t actually married, were they?
    w3ski

7. annieasksyou says:

Gee, are they banning that new informational pamphlet by Lt Gov Ken Paxton: “How to Attract Attention by Running Away While Quashing a Subpoena”?