Excuses and A**holes

(H/T @acnewsitics on Twitter)

As the now viral tweet declares…

…we have an update from the NYTimes(!)

Mr. Trump and his allies have argued that former President Barack Obama also mishandled documents (an allegation quickly dismissed as false by the National Archives); that the judge who signed the warrant authorizing the search must have been biased; that the F.B.I. might have planted evidence; that the documents were covered by attorney-client or executive privilege; and that Mr. Trump had declassified the documents.

…so it looks like things are right on track. Anyway, over in Politico there’s a rather fine bit of legal analysis: Espionage Isn’t the Strongest Case Against Trump. It’s Simpler Than That. I’mma sonofalawyer and not a lawyer myself, but even I can grasp a couple of concepts here: Dum-Dum was asked if he had any government documents at home. He said he did and surrendered 15 boxes. Only he didn’t surrender all of them.

So he knew it was a crime when he did it, and covered it up and lied about it.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Excuses and A**holes

1. w3ski4me says:

It seems to be an open and shut case. However, this is still tRump world and anything including nothing can still happen.
    I am hoping for jail time, and you might think jail time is due here, but we have all been disappointed before.
    Mostly amazed the DOJ finally woke up.
    There may be hope still.
    w3ski

2. Sirius Lunacy says:

End political persecution and hold those accountable that abuse their positions of power to persecute their political enemies, while ruining our country?

This shouldn’t happen in America.

Republicans must force it to stop!

I edited one punctuation mark in Rep. 3names quote. Looks about right now. The last thing the Republicans want is to end political persecution and hold those accountable that abuse their positions of power to persecute their political enemies, while ruining our country. It IS after all OKIYAR.

3. osirisopto says:

I find the idea of declaring evidence against TFG covered by attorney client privilege interesting.

I can see it now…

“Judge that video of me robbing the liquor store is covered by attorney client privilege because I’m being prosecuted for robbing the liquor store and my attorney is defending me.”

4. I presume the level is to ensure it goes up crooked.

5. stony pillow says:

Those abs don’t look like Big Macs.

6. Rick H. says:

Diaper flag’s no surprise but fingers are too long and guaranteed, Nancy’s first shot is further down.

7. Batman 54 says:

They misspelled caca on Trumps cross.