The Wizard of New Jersey

It’s a little long, and the joke is kinda obvious, but major props to the video editor at MeidasTouch. That was not an amateur effort by any means. I only hope that this helps rally support for Fetterman, who is not mentioned in the video. Of course, Beto was not mentioned in the issue ad that we focused on this morning, either.

(Hat tip: Scissorhead Jimmy-T)

This entry was posted in 2022 Pie Fight, Dr. Oz. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The Wizard of New Jersey

1. schmice3 says:

Is the movie in the public domain?

I don’t know. The fact that it went viral without a cease and desist order suggests the copyright might be up, but given that they didn’t use any of the music… Mixed messages. Maybe the characters are fair game?

• No it is not in the public domain, but this is fair use under the parody rules. Per Wikipedia the movie goes into the public domain in 2035

• E.A. Blair says:

The L. Frank Baum book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is in public domain; the 1939 film is not. The characters, as creations depicted in Baum’s book, are also in public domain – so if you wanted to write another book in the series you certainly could. If you wanted to write a screenplay for an original movie using the Oz setting and its characters, you could. However, you could not use the depictions of the characters as they appeared in the movie – unless, as brucedesertrat pointed out, you could make a case for fair use.

2. Jimmy T says:

We’re off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of OZ. I don’t think I can ever watch that movie again without chortling a bit. Good job guys and gals…

3. E.A. Blair says:

The Wizard of Oz is the source the Republican Party’s theme song: “If I Only Had a Brain”.

Gosh, it would be awful pleasin’
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can’t explain
    Then perhaps I’ll deserve you
    And be even worthy of you
    If I only had a brain

4. w3ski4me says:

Fetterman really is benefiting from social media. Some great adverts for him already. Oz is a putz but that sadly holds no sway with Rethug voters.
    w3ski