News That Will Drive You to Drink

Hair Füror (H/T Scissorhead Skinny-D)

Guys, Hair Füror returned to DC today to give a policy speech (hahaha, no really) to the America First Policy Institute, headed by Brooke Rollins, who ran the Domestic Policy Council in the 4th Reich, and instead he spewed fascist and authoritarian tropes, complete with executions, a police state, forcible relocations of citizens, military takeovers.

Somehow, Yahoo! News made it sound… normal?

First the executions:

Former President Trump on Tuesday voiced support for imposing the death penalty as punishment for convicted drug dealers as part of a speech in which he laid out a series of drastic measures to curb crime.

No Taco Trucks on every corner for you, hippy! –

…He called for police squad cars to be parked on every corner.

Here’s the forced relocation:

Trump suggested moving encampments of homeless people out of major cities and to “large parcels of inexpensive land at the outer reaches of the city” and set up tents there with proper care.

(Honestly, I don’t think he’s ever been to a suburb, has he? Where is this inexpensive land?)

Here’s the military take-over:

Trump called for passing laws to give police more authority and strengthen qualified immunity so law enforcement does not fear repercussions.

He called for a “no holds barred national campaign to dismantle gangs and organized street crime in America.”

The former president called for efforts to defeat violence “and be tough and be nasty and be mean if we have to.”

But you know, other than that, everything was cool.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to News That Will Drive You to Drink

1. to paraphrase America’s previous worst presidet ever: “Well that was some of the same old weird shit.”

We live in amazing times, BDR, to have pretty much the trifecta of worst presidents in one lifetime:

12 years of Saint Ronnie (Bush the elder was just more of the same BS)
      8 years of Chimpy McStagger
      4 years of Hair Füror

rgds,

• E.A. Blair says:

My birthday is, every four years, on inauguration day. Ever since I became a politically aware person, most of those birthdays have been extremely cringeworthy: 1968, 1972, 1980, 1984, 1992¹, 2000, 2004, 2016.

¹In 1992, I did not sincerely believe that the governor of the backwater state of Arkansas had what it took to lead the country. I was wrong, and voted for him in 1996. That was the first of two times I voted for a Republican candidate for any office. The second was when I voted for Steven Duckhorn instead of David Clarke (who never should have been allowed to run as a Democrat) for Milwaukee County sheriff in 2010.

• E.A. Blair says:

Add +1 to those election years to get the inauguration years. I was born on President Eisenhower’s 2nd inauguration day (since that was a Sunday, the public ceremony was held on the 21st in that year).

2. Thinking positively, while trying not to focus on the clown show (-hurry up /the butterfly net, Garland), a 2024 Newsom/Cheney ticket sounds strong and unifying.

• genelms says:

Newsom ok, but Cheney is just another Nazi in pumps. Her goal on J6 is to clear the field of competition.

• Maybe I’m not thinking it through (aka Dunning-Kruger impasse?) but I don’t understand what field of competition she cleared nor do I see her that way (Nazi-esque).
        I see someone who is willing to stand alone (and lose it all) for the truth.
        I don’t agree with all of her politics but, in the spirit of bi-partisanship (and unity), governorship/leadership should embrace and nurture both sides (not the extremists) … not this increasingly hostile tennis match of strictly blue then red-then blue then red -with one side (cough red extremism cough)putting a shit-ton of energy into cheating.

• annieasksyou says:

I think the fact that Liz is the beacon of democracy but eschews voting rights legislation—as well as any other good government actions— and still thinks her daddy was right about torturing prisoners tells us all we need to know.

• Extremists do not want to find middle ground, everything’s got to be polarized to divide, no compromise, just “my way or the highway”.

Ladybird does not like the idea of stripped squad cars on every corner.

4. ali redford says:

The former president called for efforts to defeat violence “and be tough and be nasty and be mean if ‘we have to.'” Yeah, that’ll teach people not to be violent…

5. Richard Portman says:

I am still waiting for the day when this affliction is in the past. I would even try to call my friends in the other world, just to say ” Hey he finally died! I thought that might cheer you up!” Lordy, i can’t stand this Trump guy.

6. Richard Portman says:

And that’s another thing they don’t get! Don’t be telling me about vast expanses of public land! We have sucked it dry. These people, I’m gonna call them republicans, are in the business of extracting resources and collecting money. They will sell anything. They want to build that wall, because they are too afraid of anything that would impede their plunder. Look what they have given us.
    Now, it is even worse! Now they wish to force their religion on us.
    I have heard of paying tribute, i have heard of bribing officials, but they can go fuck off.
    It is a good thing that i am old. At least i can hope to be spared from the worst of it.

7. annieasksyou says:

The worst thing about that speech was that according to Yamiche Alcindor, the audience seemed uninterested in the “policy” parts and only became excited when tfg railed about the stolen election and taking back our country.