JD Vance’s Advice To Women:

“Suck it up, Buttercup,  stay in your violent marriage, for the kids.”

As we know, billionaire fascist Peter Thiel’s hand-picked Ohio candidate with authenticity problems for the US Senate,  Yalie investment banker and hillbilly effigy JD Vance is running in an open seat against Democrat Tim Ryan. Ryan should be sending Vance a thank-you note every day. This kind of unforced error is a gift.

If Vance gets a significant proportion of  the vote from Ohio’s women, I’ll be shocked. That video is as close to saying that women are property of men as anything I’ve heard yet.

This is another instance of what women are hearing from Republican men (well, all Republicans, really), and 2022 really is a War on Women.

This entry was posted in 2022 Pie Fight, Hillbilly Effigy J.D. Vance, Tim Ryan, War on Women. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to JD Vance’s Advice To Women:

1. ali redford says:

🤯 I watched and read the cc; is Vance trying to blame these young shooters on “broken homes”?
    As if he thinks that had their bio parents stayed together, the young shooters would be far less angry or unhappy? Somehow? 🤯 Also grrr.

2. Jimmy T says:

Yeah, staying in a relationship where you get a regular beating seems like a loser for any woman who had the experience. More to the point, why any woman would tolerate any such abuse is unfathomable in my mind. My dad never once hit my mom in their fifty years of marriage, so I learned an important lesson…

• Mike B. says:

Well, one reason to stay in the relationship is fear. It’s not unusual for a woman to be killed after leaving an abusive husband. It might sometimes be “for the kids,” but if a man is abusing his wife, it’s quite possible he’s abusing the children, too. When I was married, my wife worked at a rape/spouse abuse crisis center, and she knew women who wanted to get an abortion because each was in an abusive relationship and found out she was pregnant. She didn’t want to bring a child into the abusive relationship, but she didn’t think she could raise a child on her own (or was afraid to leave the abuser). That’s the real world, not these right-wingers’ fantasy world.

• ali redford says:

Please tell your wife thank you for her good work. And agreed.

• Mike B. says:

Ali – I’ll try to remember, but we got divorced a long, long time ago, so we’re down to exchanging occasional e-mails. On the subject of the post, my then-wife would sometimes accompany a woman to court to get a protective order, ordering the ex to stay the hell away from her. From doing that, she knew the judge at our divorce. But we had worked everything out, and I didn’t even go to court, so they chatted and that was it.

• ali redford says:

No worries, please. She’ll get the universal gratitude.

This sort of rhetoric would probably get him a few votes back in 1962. 2022? Not so much.

4. Kids would do better in a violent setting? WTaF? The dysfunction for kids is in stopping the violence? Taking the kids out of an abusive situation makes kids very unhappy? This Vance guy is a sick fuck.

5. w3ski4me says:

Really easy to hate people like that. If only he could be stuck in an abusive marriage, he might have a clue. My wife’s first husband was an amateur boxer and a professional drunk. He’d go out and get drunk and come home and beat her up. She Left for the child on the way and never looked back, except occasionally in fear of a shadow. Other people have no right to pontificate on what a person should do in that circumstance.
    As for me, a wife beater is the lowest form of scum.
    w3ski