Tonight’s J6C Festivities

Seething Rage.
(image courtesy Scissorhead MonkeyFister)

Tiger Beat on the Potomac (thanks Charlie!) other morning email thingie informs us:

MINUTE BY MINUTE BY MATTHEW(S)The House Select Committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol holds its second primetime hearing this week, which will zero in on what the panel has described as the crucial 187 minutes of inaction from President Donald Trump.

Leading the line: Democratic Rep. Elaine Luria of Virginia will lead tonight’s presentation with Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois. Don’t expect to see chairman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) in the room, he tested positive for Covid earlier this week and will participate via video.

Witness table: Former White House deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews and Matthew Pottinger, a member of the National Security Council during the Trump administration, are expected to testify. Both aides resigned after witnessing Trump’s inaction and indifference over the three hours of the attack.

RELATED: Even a day after Jan. 6, Trump balked at condemning the violence, from Amy Gardner, Josh Dawsey and Paul Kane at The Washington Post

Things allegedly will kick-off at 5PM Pacific 8 PM Eastern and will be carried live by all the networks (which also means that there will be pre- and post-game analysis by all the usual —and usually wrong— pundits (looking at you, Upchuck).

I’m not certain if MPS will be doing a live tweet from the hell mouth or not. Anything is possible.

This entry was posted in Legitimate Political Discourse, The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Tonight’s J6C Festivities

1. Colbert will be LIVE after the local news, so that’s where I’ll be receiving analysis!

2. skinnydennis says:

“…holds its second primetime hearing this week”: did I miss something?

Well, it is the second prime time hearing and it will be this week, not the second hearing of the week.

“One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I’ll never know.”

Capt. Spaulding

• annieasksyou says:

I had to look up the reference, Capt, but the response made me laugh out loud!

• skinnydennis says:

Ah! Thanks for the clarity!
        (must have slipped by the page editors)

• Redhand says:

“And how the elephant got in my pajamas, I’ll never know.”

It took me a while to “get” the humor in the reference relative to tonight’s witnesses because I was so surprised by my complete ignorance of “Milo Murphy’s Law.” I guess this is what happens when one’s video habits are based mostly on YouTube. OMG, I’m stovepiped!

• MDavis says:

For Redhand – Now I’m hearing “How he got into my pajamas I’ll never know.” In Weird Al’s voice.

3. … and 2pm H/A time! I’m psyched to be able to watch live. I’m a little sad that this is the last … I was kinda hoping the series was going to wrap it up with a bigger bang, like a hanging or firing squad.