Bad Ads, Cont.

Oh dear.

Who wants to tell them?

This entry was posted in Badvertising. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Bad Ads, Cont.

1. Jimmy T says:

Coming out of the closet is usually a good thing, but Gramps is set in his ways. Maybe a t-shirt would be helpful with an obviously awkward moment…

2. coming out of the closet, so you can put him into a grave? I am not sure I understand this ad. And I am zombie.

• Mike B. says:

I didn’t understand it either, so I did some research. Apparently, the is an ad for The Great Arlington Urn Return and Scatterday Event (Cincinnati, OH). So Grandpa’s been cremated and his ashes are in an urn in the closet. In this event, you can take his ashes out of the closet and scatter them. https://amgardens.org/event/urn-return-scatterday/ Sorry Zombie, just ashes.

• artahzen says:

My mama is in her box on top of my grandmother’s corner kitchen cabinet. My sister and I talk about spreading her ashes but we never come to any conclusions. When I am near there, like decoration for the holidays, I put tools or parts on her box, ask her to hold them for me, and chat with her. She seems happy enough, not being in the closet. I used to have her on top of the tv so she could listen to the news but it got so bad that I moved her closer to where I sew and craft.

3. Oneofthebobs says:

What took him so long?

4. paul fredine says:

batter late than never i guess.

5. revzafod says:

I see several receptacles on that closet shelf, but none I want to pay for. Goddammit! Is there a Ralph’s around here?!

6. We inherited. more or less, Mrs BDR’s mom’s ashes. Her last few years were in a homeand we would visit wih the doggos which were the highlight of our visits; evil bastard second husband decreed No Dogs!. She’d always had GSD’s as far back as Alison could remember. She joked that Gretchen had raised Alison as much as her real parents.

So mom loved when ours came to visit. and we shared with the rest of the residents.

Anyhow when she died us kids went to the dog park nearest to her and scattered some of her ashes there. Which lead to another coundrum there are a LOT of ashes in the average human. We’ve scattered a bunch…now what? By the time honored principle of ‘tag-yer-it’ we were decreed custodians of Mom’s ashes

So mom is in the bookshelf where we have the mementos of dogs past: footprints, collars, tags, etc,