News That Will Drive You To Drink

He’s legitimately dead.

Former U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, a conservative Missouri Republican whose comment that women’s bodies have a way of avoiding pregnancies in cases of “legitimate rape” sunk his bid for the U.S. Senate and became a cautionary tale for other GOP candidates, died late Sunday. He was 74.

Maybe I’m harsh, but I wished for this small-minded theocrat EVERYTHING he wished for us, and look! We got our wish!

(Hat tip: Scissorhead Purplehead)

This entry was posted in Crazeee States, Missouri. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. his body had a way of shutting that down…. yeah, I went there

2. Oneofthebobs says:

Well, once you reach your goal, what’s left?

3. jaf says:

On the day that J Edgar Hoover died, WBCN in Boston played David Crosby’s Long Time Gone without comment. It seems just as appropriate today.

4. ali redford says:

I am sorry for the loss, as to the people who loved him. Beyond that, I’m enjoying the humor here, because he has it coming to him.

5. He’s been dead since last October!? What did I miss?

6. purplehead says:

He’s still dead.

7. Jimmy T says:

I never understood what “legitimate rape” was supposed to be. I was under the impression that all rape was illegitimate. Yeah, I understand the anti-science claim of the congressman that a woman’s body is supposed to shut down the implantation process, but it doesn’t. Somewhere there’s a ten year old pregnant rape victim from Ohio who is suffering. Her parents had to take her to Indiana to get the appropriate healthcare. I really hope things work out for her, but not only did the rapist traumatize her Ohio did as well…

• Redhand says:

I never understood what “legitimate rape” was supposed to be.

Yeah, you do, as in, “She led me on, I mean, like, ya know man, she was just askin’ for it.” In other words, if she complains after the man “has his way with her” in such a scenario, it’s a freebie for the guy because “no way was that a rape, man, Whaddaya talkin’ about, she asked for it, see?

It underscores just how primitive Akin was, bein a good man-o-Gawd and all.

8. Lsamsa says:

Fitting.

9. genelms says:

Never fear, his replacement is here.

MISSOULA — A former Montana State House Majority Leader and candidate for a potential swing Montana state Senate race said in an email to fellow legislators Monday that a woman’s womb serves no specific purpose to her life or well-being.
    The comment was made by Rep. Brad Tschida, R-Missoula, who is running for Senate District 49, which Democrats won by a narrow margin in the last two elections.

Candidates in key Montana state Senate race spar over abortion comment (kpax.com)

10. Pingback: Good Republican … | Homeless on the High Desert

11. annieasksyou says:

The scariest thing of all is that his rhetoric has now become “legitimate” discourse on the anti-choice side.