Stealth Goat Enters The 2024 Goat Rodeo

“It’s Independence Day — so let’s talk about what’s going on in America. Freedom is under attack in your state. Your Republican leaders? They’re banning books, making it harder to vote, restricting speech in classrooms, even criminalizing women and doctors.

“I urge all of you living in Florida to join the fight — or join us in California, where we still believe in freedom: Freedom of speech, freedom to choose, freedom from hate, and the freedom to love. Don’t let them take your freedom.”

California’s Governor Gavin Newsom is pitching California to Floridians in what is a very good recruitment ad, you know, to come to the Golden State, where you would have rights and a functioning government. Newsom talks about freedom and how the governor of Florida is restricting it while California is protecting it. Very Independence Day stuff, don’t you see?

It is also positioning Newsom squarely opposite likely 2024 Goat Rodeo contender and noted fascist Florida’s Republican Governor Ron Desantis. I’m not saying Gov. Newsome is running (he’s totally running), but he’s setting up DeSantis (he’s totally running, too) in the public’s mind.

Anyone on the Left side of the aisle should be paying attention, this is how you define your opponent and your opponent’s party. Framing your opponent before he can frame himself is pretty smart.

(Hat tip: Scissorhead Jimmy-T)

This entry was posted in 2024 Goat Rodeo, California, Floriduh, Gavin Newsom, Ron DeSantis. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Stealth Goat Enters The 2024 Goat Rodeo

1. ali redford says:

That is most excellent!

2. osirisopto says:

This also gives DeSantis a boost against TFG in the minds of the RWNJs.

3. MDavis says:

Is that ad banned in Florida?

4. schmice3 says:

I could see Governor Newsom as a formidable opponent against DeSantis in 2024.

• laura says:

I could see my Governor Newsom waiting his god damn turn along with every other jumped up “solution” to the problem that is the Administration that actually got voters to select and then beat trump. Also, the misogynoir.

• schmice3 says:

I’m sorry but you lost me. Not waiting his turn? According to whom? Perhaps he should wait until he’s eighty? Unless, of course, you’re suggesting that is an insult to Biden to look at any an all potential helmsmen. (okay, helmswomen, too). “All hands man your battle stations”. This is a time for imagination and action. I don’t care who it is, I just want to live under fascism and the 4th Reich. Sorry maybe it’s something about those traitors and seditionists knocking back their drinks and praising freedom. Other than that, Happy 4th.

5. I was just thinking “who in 2024”?
    Biden will be kinda, well, I don’t want to be ageist so, let’s just say Newsom would get my vote.