Michigan Republican Solve Non-Existent Problem

Divine and Donald

At last, the scourge of drag shows in elementary schools is outlawed!

LANSING — Joined by Michigan gubernatorial candidate Tudor Dixon, a group of House Republicans on Thursday announced a new bill that would empower parents to sue public schools that expose their children to drag shows.

The six legislators were unable to name an example of that happening in a Michigan public school, but they proposed allowing parents to sue districts for up to $10,000 if it ever does.

“I don’t think that we need to have a problem occur in the state of Michigan before we address it,” said state Rep. Beau LaFave, R-Iron Mountain, who nonetheless accused teachers of “pushing this ideology on small children.”

Readin’, writing’, rhinestones?

This entry was posted in Crazeee States, Michigan. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Michigan Republican Solve Non-Existent Problem

1. Mike B. says:

I love the look on Divine’s face when looking at Trump. Of course, seeing Divine reminds me of “Pink Flamingos,” a movie I would like to unsee (even after all these years). How much is that doggie in the window?

• Redhand says:

“Pink Flamingos,” a movie I would like to unsee

My movie tastes were pretty open back in the day, but I decided to pass on this one when I heard about the dog feces scene. However, not so, “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”

Thank God our vulnerable children will be spared such horrors, at least in Michigan public schools!

• osirisopto says:

Yes. They’ll have to wait until Saturday night.

• Was a regular at those screenings in college, knew several local cast members, too, including a drop-dead gorgeous Columbia lookalike. IIRC she pursued a dual major of Poly Sci and Russian and got hired by the UN upon graduating.

• Professor Pupdog says:

I had heard about the dog feces scene, so I was not grossed out when it appeared. On the other hand, the singing asshole was almost too much for me.

• revzafod says:

There is only one mandatory movie for all time, and that is “The Big Lebowski”. The single movie that furnishes a quote to fit any occasion.

Of course, I may be prejudiced, having won “Best Walter” three times at Lebowskifests:
      L.A. 2005
      NYC 2006
      L.A. 2007

2. Well, they better not ever show that classic Billy Wilder film in class, then.

3. Mike B. says:

Now that I think about it, I went to a public university that had a popular annual drag show. Fred Phelps and his gang generally showed up. He was considered a crank back then. Now, he’d fit right in with the GOP.

4. osirisopto says:

Milton Berl rolls his eyes in his grave. (It’s not worth his time to roll over.)

• Buttermilk Sky says:

Not to mention Flip Wilson and The Kids In the Hall. How did we survive childhood exposed to such horrors?

5. Jimmy T says:

The GQP excels at solving non-existent problems. Now they’re talking about “involuntary relocation” to explain slavery, like it never happened…

I would prefer to see a law that protects MI schoolchildren from republicans.

7. Stony Pillow says:

“I’m gonna sue you” is starting to sound like “I’m telling MOMMEEEEE!

Fking babies.

8. Sirius Lunacy says:

My nephew several years back participated in a drag show in a Virgina public school. It was a long time annual tradition for the senior class. They’re probably not allowed anymore. The word is that my nephew, who took the stage name Anita Mann, was a big hit. I have seen no signs what so ever that it has had any affect on his sexual orientation or anything else for that matter.

9. Pingback: Mike's Blog Round-Up – Starwide