News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News

Still, she persisted.

Polling shows that a majority of Americans now predict U.S. may ‘cease to be a democracy’ someday.

And a lot of ’em are probably cheered-on by that thought.

This entry was posted in Democracy, Fascism. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. Czippie L'Shimpe says:

Sadly, some out of fear, some out of hope.

2. Jimmy T says:

That thought has occured to me more than once as of late. And yes there exists numerous people who would be ok with that. I’m hoping the majority of Americans will fight for democracy because autocracy will only concentrate the power of the rich and well connected, and questioning the leadership would end up getting a person charged with treason. I don’t expect any of us scissorheads amongst many others want that for a future. I’ve posted this depiction before, but it seems necessary once again, and maybe it’s time to move beyond…

• E.A. Blair says:

I’d go along with that, since I live in what would be the Province of Wisconsin. However, you would have to color (or should I say colour?) Alberta red – it’s the Texas of Canada.

• R White says:

This sentiment about secession just a few years ago was a silly subject spoken amongst the ‘conspiracy theorists’ but has now become the topic of daily discussion here in alabamistan. Family and friends are always curious about my thoughts regarding this subject and many others since I’ve lived in blue states (Colorado, Illinois). As I told them, I don’t think a split would be that seamless, but one where liberal city states exist within conservative red deserts and so forth.

• I really hope you all are prepared to accept the millions of refugees this would create.

“There are more Trump voters in California than Texas, more Biden voters in Texas than New York, more Trump voters in New York than Ohio, more Biden voters in Ohio than Massachusetts, more Trump voters in Massachusetts than Mississippi, and more Biden voters in Mississippi than Vermont.”

3. *FelineMama* says:

I honestly don’t remember Germany 1930’s. Any similarities.
    There is what the Repukes long for/get hard on for:
    A govn’t Of Us!
    A govn’t By Us!
    A govnt’ FOR Us !!
    Any questions ?????????????

4. Hello all. Great dogs that love gravy, I fear this. A gentle person from across the big pond has been warning me of this for a while, He has studied the history of countries and he has told me for a while our country shows the signs of a breakup and loss of what little cohesion we had. He said we are quickly headed the route of the Troubles, also called Northern Ireland conflict. He really was surprised with the size of our country, our love of independence vs cooperation, and the radically opposed views on what should be acceptable in the society we have lasted this long. However I would point out that a major amount of agitation occurred when foreign countries used social media to undermine whatever social communities we had and to reinforce our divisions. It is well known now that in the last decade Russia went to great effort to stir up as much hate and division among the population as they could. Figure in that Murdock did all he could to further that with his propaganda network and it is a wonder we have not yet had that second civil war. But what is the solution? Strict controls on social media, strict labeling of divisive foreign content? At what point does the solution become worse than the problem? Best wishes. Hugs

5. MDavis says:

I think it was Bannon who was speechifying about how great things are going to be, it’s just like1932…