Justice Thomas Has Lost His Faith In His Own Institution

Coup plotters: Justice Ginni and Mr. Thomas
H/T Scissorhead Jimmy-T

Justice Clarence Thomas has a sad:

“The leak of a draft opinion has done irreparable damage to the Supreme Court, Justice Clarence Thomas said at a conference in Dallas on Friday night, adding that it had destroyed trust among the members of the court.”

“Look where we are, where that trust or that belief is gone forever. And when you lose that trust, especially in the institution that I’m in, it changes the institution fundamentally. You begin to look over your shoulder.”

Tiger Beat:

“I do think that what happened at the court is tremendously bad,” Thomas declared during a discussion at a conference for Black conservatives in Dallas. “I wonder how long we’re going to have these institutions at the rate we’re undermining them and then I wonder when they’re gone or destabilized what we will have as a country and I don’t think the prospects are good if we continue to lose them.”

Talk to your insurrectionist wife Ginni and get back to us, mmmmmkay?

And then resign.

This entry was posted in Clarance Thomas, Ginni Thomas, SCOTUS. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Justice Thomas Has Lost His Faith In His Own Institution

1. Martin Pollard says:

He’s hardly said a damned thing for decades, but now we can’t get the bastard to shut the hell up.

2. Lofgren says:

I don’t get the fuss over the leak. This was a draft opinion, so it was being prepared for public dissemination. It was being circulated internally so it’s not like somebody went rifling through the justices’ personal diaries. I wouldn’t want my first drafts getting out either. It would be embarrassing. They’re first drafts for a reason. But ultimately it’s something that is being prepared for public dissemination. There are no state secrets in there. It’s not much worse than when early cuts of movies get leaked to torrent sites. Who cares?

• The right wing does. The only reason there’s such an uproar like this is because of the horrific nature of this decsision. It’s leaves Dredd Scott and Korematsu dwindling red-shifted in the rearview mirror as the worst SCOTUS Decision of all time.

Reaching back to quote a witchfinder in the 1300’s to support a decisions is unconsciable and Silent Thomas is one of the people who’s fully behind it.

At this point, they don’t want to overturn the 20th century, but all the way back to the 17th!

Make Witch Burnings Great Again.

• MinuteMan says:

But it could be really useful if one wants to bring back the practice of witch burning.

3. w3ski4me says:

That leak sure got his panties in a knot, didn’t it? As I understand it, the leak as such isn’t even illegal.
    These strong “manly” repugs sure do melt quickly when things don’t seem to go their way. If they didn’t have such power, it would be quite a comedy.
    It would be great to add a few liberal-minded people to the court but of course, with a conservative majority, that would be impossible.
    We are so screwed.
    w3ski

4. Nikki says:

Clarence and Ginni Thomas leaked the draft to force Kavanaugh to stay onboard with Alito and not side with Roberts

I have no proof of this, but that stuck pig is sure squealing loudly

• Professor Pupdog says:

Completely off topic, but I can’t imagine why a lying, drunken rapist would want to overturn Roe v. Wade.

• spotthedog says:

I would not be at all surprised if you are correct, and I wonder if they, or she, thought the public reaction would be nationwide joyous celebration of such a great “victory”.

5. R White says:

Scalia’s shadow needs to go back to sleep and not offer any of his idiotic opinions. The only statement that would be worthy of everyone’s attention would be for the corrupt m’fer to resign.

6. Nelson says:

Did Ginni really do the leaking? I thought Republicans were going to Launch An Investigation. I wonder if the truth will ever come out.

7. Buttermilk Sky says:

He’ll never quit. Ginni won’t let him. She needs him where he is as she plots the next coup.

Snowflake.

9. Richard Portman says:

What is it with these people? I know that Ginny and clarence dont walk around in furs and horns. But they might as well. Instead they go to meetings and talk about breach of trust, we will never be the same, somebody told on us. Yes, somebody did. I think it is time to reform that whole institution.
    Let’s just toss them all out, and start over again. A lifetime judge? Like Clarence Thomas? I don’t think that person represents my community.

• w3ski4me says:

The community he represents is very small but for some reason thinks they represent the majority? The rest of us want nothing to do with their handy dandy morals.
      w3ski

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s