The Biden administration remains at a loss in responding to a federal judge’s ruling striking down the pandemic mask requirement for plane and rail travel, with the White House and various agencies struggling to devise and coordinate a legal strategy more than a day later.
The Justice Department said Tuesday that it stood ready to appeal the ruling — issued Monday by a Trump-appointed federal judge in Florida — but that it would do so only ‘subject to the CDC’s conclusion that the order remains necessary for public health.’”
“The incident reflects the muddled messaging, poor coordination, and legal setbacks that have defined some of the worst episodes of the Biden administration’s coronavirus response, leaving large swaths of Americans confused about how to proceed while the private sector moved to set rules on their own.
Since the pandemic began, CDC has been goofy about masks and messaging, and our feckless DOJ clearly is incompetent from AG Garland down (really, they had no contingency plans for an appeal?) so they are throwing the CDC under the bus? That’s incredible for me to believe.
Also politically, it’s a flashing green light to all of Hair Füror’s judges throughout the 4th Reich that they can stamp out any policy they don’t like, for whatever reason, and receive no pushback from our toothless and incompetent AG.
Now the goodish news:
- Politico/Morning Consult poll:
- 59% of voters support the CDC’s original extension of the federal travel mask mandate
- 32% oppose the extension
- 49% say it is too early to end the federal travel mask mandate
- 16% say it’s the right time to end the mandate
- 16% say it should have already ended
- 11% believe it should never have been in place to begin with
- AP-NORC poll:
- 56% of Americans favor requiring people on planes, trains and public transportation to wear masks
- 24% opposed
- 20% who say they’re neither in favor nor opposed
That’s a LOT of cover if President Handsome Joe Biden wants to take the wheel from Garland and push what is clearly a popular position.