Mariupol: ‘Nothing Left To Save’

“Trust me, comrades, why would I lie?”

This is grim:

As Russia appears poised to capture Mariupol more than six weeks into the invasion, the governor of Ukraine’s Donetsk region said Friday that while Ukrainian troops remain in control of the strategic port city, Mariupol “has been wiped off the face of the earth” by Russian forces.

Pavlo Kyrylenko, the governor, told CNN that troops are still “courageously defending Mariupol” against the Russian forces that have bombarded the city on the Sea of Azov, leaving it in ruins.

“The enemy cannot seize Mariupol. The enemy may seize the land that Mariupol used to stand on, but the city of Mariupol is no more,” Kyrylenko said. “The city of Mariupol has been wiped off the face of the earth by the Russian Federation, by those who will never be able to restore it.”

Is there any doubt that Putin is a war criminal?

This entry was posted in Pooty-Poot Putin, Ukraine War, war criminals. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Mariupol: ‘Nothing Left To Save’

1. Reblogged this on Scottie's Playtime and commented:

I have no words to add. At this point if the world / NATO doesn’t act with their full force to intervene, then the words “Never Again” meant nothing.

• Jimmy T says:

Always liked Gahan Wilson’s work, but this one fits the bill a little too closely. The heroism of the Ukraine people will long be remembered. Scottiie above said “never again,” I prefer it being said in the original German “niemals wieder.” I mourn for the citizens of Mariupol, whose only “crime” was being in the way of Putin and his cronies…

2. glitterbug says:

I don’t say this often enough, but:

“Baby, you’re the greatest!” Homina, homina……

3. Richard Portman says:

Mariopol is a famous city on the shore of the Black Sea. It is a famous city . It is known as a prosperous port. Just because because this Putin wants to bomb it to bomb it to oblivion, just because he wants to take it to his piss-stained bed, it doesn’t mean we agree.

• revzafod says:

It’s actually on the Sea of Azov, which is separated from the Black Sea by the Kerch Strait, about 2.7 miles wide.

4. spotthedog says:

Like an abusive husband murdering his ex so no one else can have her.

• & just like with an abusive husband, while the rest of the world stands by, it is saying, go ahead, do what you want to do. The only way we say that we are against his actions is to STOP WHAT THE F HE’S DOING.

I was a DV victim, I am a survivor, I know what I’m talking about.

Silver –

I’m a committed Pacifist and even I think we need to be more involved.

If you never asked yourself what you would have done if you witnessed The Holocaust, this is the moment to think about it. We’re witnessing a genocide and there is moral clarity in stopping it.