Vlad Has A Sad

Vlad has a sad

H/T Scissorhead Skinny-D

You guys, will no one consider Vlad’s feelings?

Russia has warned of a breach of its relations with Washington and summoned the U.S. ambassador in Moscow for an official protest over Joe Biden’s labelling of Vladimir Putin as a war criminal, as the U.S. president held talks with European allies on efforts to stop the Russian invasion of Ukraine.… The Russian Foreign Ministry said it had summoned the U.S. ambassador, John Sullivan, for a meeting over “recent unacceptable statements” by Biden about Putin, days after Biden called Putin a “war criminal” amid the bombardment of Ukrainian cities.

The ministry said in a statement, “it was emphasized that remarks such as these by the American president, which are unworthy of a state figure of such a high rank, put Russian–American relations on the verge of a breach.”

Pro-Tip: try NOT to be a war criminal, Vlad. And as for The Guardian, this was really a stupid story, please don’t humanize war criminals.

This entry was posted in Pooty-Poot Putin, Ukraine War, war criminals. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Vlad Has A Sad

1. Jimmy T says:

Allow me to addthis gem…

2. MDavis says:

Is imprisoning or poisoning a foreign country’s resident ambassador considered a war crime as well?
    This is where having an ambassador who is actually a skilled and knowledgeable diplomat trumps (heh) paying off cronies with an allegedly cushy sinecure.
    It also reminds me of a book a borrowed from my brother’s bookshelf decades ago – I don’t have the patience to read it now, but it followed a diplomat who followed diplomacy rules. Sounded like an extremely dangerous occupation.

3. Redhand says:

With the leaking in Russian media of a 9000 plus Russian death toll in Ukraine, I am increasingly confident that Putin’s own days are numbered. The war criminal may soon be an ex-President, if not dead. But first, I want to see an ignonimous retreat by his cosplay armed forces in Ukraine. Astonishingly, the longer this goes on, the greater I think the potential exists for the Russian military not only to lose combat effectiveness, but even the ability to remain in Ukraine. An army can’t march on its stomach if it has no food.

• schmice3 says:

Look what happened in the Russo-Japanese War in 1904. They got their asses kicked. TR got the Nobel Prize for brokering a peace treaty. Instability for the Romanoffs. Duma in 1905 and then…1917. Putin’s Tzarist behavior will lead to radical changes. Hopefully

Apparently, conservatives miss the days of kowtowing to dictators and war criminals. Probably because they believe only republicans have big sticks.

5. Mike B. says:

I don’t see the Guardian article as humanizing Putin. It merely quotes the Russian Foreign Ministry complaining about Biden’s remark, as I would expect them to do. It also quotes US officials ridiculing the ministry’s complaint, as I would expect them to do. Then, it goes on to other matters that I think are newsworthy. So I don’t think it was a stupid story (not that I agree with everything in it).

6. Art says:

During The Cold War suggesting the major players might be criminals, and subject to judgment by lesser authorities was taboo. Vlad wants to go back to the days when the heads of the three great powers were above anything as trivial as international courts.