Hugs from California

California is looking to be a sanctuary state for families of transkids who have to flee their theocrat states:

California could provide legal refuge to displaced transgender youth and their families under a proposal announced Thursday that joins a growing list of initiatives from the nation’s most populous state aimed at counterbalancing actions in Texas and other conservative places.

Democratic state lawmakers said they will introduce legislation to offer California as a safe haven for parents in other states who risk having their transgender children taken away or from being criminally prosecuted for supporting their children’s access to gender-affirming procedures and other health care…

“They have a safe place to go if they’re threatened with prosecution,” he added. “California will not be a party to this new wave of deadly LGBTQ criminalization.”

It’s unbelievable to me that Texas (and other places) have slipped so far into theocracy: you will be forced to have that baby, and  later if that baby is trans, you will go to jail and have to give up your kid.

This is straight up theocracy and cleansing.

This entry was posted in California, Texas, America's Lab for Bad Policy, Transphobia, Your Kind Cannot Stay Here. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Hugs from California

1. Jimmy T says:

I’m giving mother Tucker Carlson the last word because theocracy doesn’t end well for anyone…

2. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

The GOP is bringing back underground railroads, and I don’t mean subways!

Quick question. Judging by their actions, which state is more Christian?

• Czippie L'Shimpe says:

That is a VERY good point, though I would have put Christian in quotes. Doing good things because you’re afraid your imaginary friend will torture you for eternity if you don’t is not exactly the pinnacle of ethical, empathetic, social action. You do those things because they are the correct thing, not because you’ve been terrorized.

Also, when those actions are taken because of rational thought, they are much more likely to be consistent, and fair – which is to say, not subject to the whims of those who interpret the wishes of their terrorizer – who, as luck always has it, seems to want the same things the interpreter wants.

4. I saw this coming. We’re going to be a divided country very soon.

• w3ski4me says:

I kinda think we are already. Not exactly lots of comity between the parties. I believe they want to exterminate us.
      w3ski

5. w3ski4me says:

I just read where I believe Citicorp in Texas has said they not only cover abortions they will provide transportation to an abortion friendly area. That’s a health plan to adore.
    w3ski