Family Values: The War on Women Has New Front in Tennessee

Tennessee is pro-rape as well as anti-woman:

You will have your rapists babies in the Tennessee theocracy.

This entry was posted in Choice, Crazeee States, Forced Birth, sexism, Tennessee, War on Women, Y'all Qaeda and Talibanicans. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Family Values: The War on Women Has New Front in Tennessee

1. laura says:

De-personing females and restoring them to property is soo original Constitution that Sam Alito gets a chubby thinking about applying the carcereal state down on their tender bodies.

2. What’s the matter with these people?

• “Conservatism consists of exactly one principle: There is an in-group whom the law protects, but does not constrain, and an out-group whom the law constrains but does not protect –Frank Wilhoit”

They see themselves as the ‘in-group’. They’re passing the laws to hurt the people they do not like.

3. Buttermilk Sky says:

Idaho is working on the same rights-for-rapists law. Which state will be first to decriminalize rape? The betting window is open.

I’m waiting for one of ’em to legislate paternal rights, too. Because, you know, all children deserve to have a mother AND A FATHER.

Bet me it is coming.

4. Sirius Lunacy says:

So, now you can rape a woman and get paid for it? Gee, I wonder what could go wrong with that?

When you turn enforcement of the law over to civilians, that’s called anarchy. Same thing as deputizing all gun owners.

6. osirisopto says:

for obvious reasons, I’m opposed to this law.

However, I like the idea of referring to the individual family members of rapists who enforce their “rights” as a “rapist-in-law.”

7. ali redford says:

Rapist-in-law is a good one.
    I’m just curious how much money people believe is available from people who’ve been raped and/or terminate (or attempt to terminate) a pregnancy? Maybe also it’s a good time for people with uteruses to get financial planning in place? Sorta like sponge-stocking in previous times, and Plan B stocking now, in a manner of thinking.

• pagan in repose says:

I would imagine the insurance industry would like to get in on selling uterus insurance, for something like that. Next will be insanity insurance because the conservative’s have lost their minds and want to get paid either way it goes.

• ali redford says:

I thought of the insurance aspect, too. I didn’t say it because that’s just awful, but I’ll step up to having thought of that, and wondered what would be found if the money could be followed.

My bet is that the Theocrats want to intimidate the clinics into closing because of the potential for the law suits. Business insurance is likely to either be too expensive or just not available, too.

It’s ugly no matter what.