☘️Saint Patrick’s Day☘️

H/T Scissorhead Dennis Cole

Ever wonder how Irish you are? The Irish Times has the St. Patrick’s Day quiz!

This entry was posted in holidays, St. Patrick's Day. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to ☘️Saint Patrick’s Day☘️

1. E.A. Blair says:

With all the problems Christian religion has caused in Ireland, I don’t have what it takes to celebrate the introduction of Christianity there. My maternal grandmother’s family is Irish (County Cork), and if I’m going to celebrate a Celtic spring holiday, I’ll take Beltane.

2. This girl with the Scots last name is only a wee bit Irish & I’m OK with that. My great-grandfather changed our name from McDavid to MacDavid when he was nationalized in 1906 so that nobody would think he was Irish & he would have a better chance of getting a good job. So although I’m wearing green today & going out with my more Irish friends to have the usual party, I’m also wearing some Royal Stewart to remind everyone of the part of Britain my people came.

• Mrs BDR is actually related to a specific clan in Scotland, and met the clan chief when her family visited when she was a kid. Sadly she comes from the branch that emigrated to North America and became rock farmers in New Hampshire before moving on to become dirt farmers in Minnesota.

Another branch landed in the Caymans where they became gentlemen pirates bankers.

3. Well, my ancestors came from Norway and Sweden so it’s entirely likely that the Iris are some part me. https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/genealogy/how-vikings-change-ireland

Yes, I have to wear sun block in the winter. In Seattle.

Damn vikings.

• Sirius Lunacy says:

My heritage is mainly Scots descended from Vikings, so I can’t get much whiter either. I am, as one of my friends who used to live in Scotland puts it, “a pale blue Scotsman”.

4. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I took one look at their list of the top 50 Irish albums and noped the fuck out. I mean, where the hell was ‘Ghostown’ by Radiators from Space?

5. purplehead says:

The owner of a liquor store got a call during the night. “This is Paddy O’Brien. When does your shop open?” “We just closed and will re-open in the morning,” said the shop owner. A few hours later Paddy calls again sounding a bit in his cups—-“How long till you re-open?” The exasperated shopkeeper shouts into the phone, “I just told you, in the morning!” An hour later Paddy calls again, very drunk and asks the same question. “You drunken fool! I said in the morning. Besides you sound like you have had more than enough to drink.” A confused Paddy responds, “I do have plenty to drink. What I need is a way out of your shop.”

6. Jimmy T says:

Well, Saint Paddy’s day should be repeatedly celebrated with a fuck Putin cocktail…