Happy Hour News
So, just a quick round-up of where things stand:
- Putin said the invasion was going according to plan and in full compliance with his timetable. Must be a strange plan because…
- Maj. Gen. Andrei Sukhovetsky, the commanding general of the Russian 7th Airborne Division, was killed in fighting in Ukraine earlier this week.
- A Russian convoy in northern Ukraine is stalled for a third day.
- The production company behind the American version of the Russian state-funded network RT laid off most of its staff today. I guess they are going to go with the cheaper plan B: Tucker Carlson. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free, amirite?
- A former producer at Fox News has been indicted on charges of working for a sanctioned Russian oligarch to establish TV networks in Russia (and in other European countries).
- Fitch and Moody’s downgraded Russia’s debt to “junk” status.
- France seized a mega yacht belonging to a Russian oligarch.
- Russia’s top billionaires have lost more than $80 billion, with more to come as sanctions and seizures start to bite. So it comes as no surprise that…
- Russian businessman Alex Konanykhin has placed a $1 million bounty on Vladimir Putin’s head and urged the country’s military officers to arrest him.
Found a really good video produced in Germany (but in English), that comes to many of the same conclusions. Worth a watch…
Heh – Quote from the article on Alex and his bounty –
Throwing shade – are the kids still calling it that these days? – pretty well.
So this is what it’s like to live in a Nostradamus prophecy.
One million is pocket change even if one person did it alone and lived to collect it. Add a couple of zeros and somebody might think about it.
Yeah, it’s what Dr. Evil would propose.
RT has disappeared from the DirecTV lineup. If you select channel 321, all you get is “This channel is no longer available”. Too bad they don’t discontinue that other Russian propaganda network.
His “all going to plan” comment is another sign that he’s lost touch with reality. The lie is that overwhelming. At this point, he’s probably as delusional as Trump.
LikeLiked by 1 person
His murderous criminality and disregard for humanity aside, Putin’s actions are resulting in a lot of people losing a lot of money which seems likely to only get worse; I expect he may find himself losing his balance near a high open window.
Or maybe imbibe some glow-in-the-dark tea.
Also: European Union officials fear Putin may declare martial law on Friday.