Tennessee: Reach!

Give a theocrat a nail gun and everyone looks like Jeebus::

Legislation introduced in the Tennessee state legislature this month is raising alarms from the state’s police union and gun control advocates who say it could turn the streets into the “old West.”

Two bills in the state assembly and state senate, HB 254 and SB 2523, would amend Tennessee law and designate “a person who has been issued an enhanced handgun carry permit” as a member of law enforcement.

I cannot imagine what could possibly go wrong if Possum Hollar felt even more empowered to stand their ground, or more likely to go hunting for trouble. Imagine if the Hatfields and the McCoys thought they had the imprimatur of the law to take their feud to the next level?

It’s not just a green light for vigilantism, it’s encouraging it.

Before you waste your time lecturing about the Second Amendment, this seems outside of the boundaries. My objection to this proposed legislation is not I want to restrict gun rights in Tennessee, I want to restrict an effort to motivate and empower people to kill each other.

This entry was posted in Ammosexuals, Crazeee States, Gundamentalists, Guns! Guns! Guns!, NRA, Tennessee, wayne lapierre. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Tennessee: Reach!

1. Jimmy T says:

Probably not the old west, for they had no automatic weapons back then, but when your cities become free fire zones with automatic weapons, you can kiss your freedoms goodbye. Says a lot about the level of crazy infecting the GQP controlled statehouses out there…

2. spotthedog says:

All I needed to see was the word “Tennessee” and I knew immediately it was something stupid, indeed – fucking stupid. The TN legislature is full GQP/MAGA sick and its only getting worse.

3. Y’know, that list of bugfuck crazy states I have to put on my No Go list is getting longer and longer…and I’m from ARIZONA.

Open carry has always been legal here (in recent memory see: Tombstone AZ back in the day) so it’s not such a unique thrill for the ammosexuals; I’ve never seen someone lugging a longarm around to demonstrate their ‘complete lack of a penis’ status; just the ocasional pistol; almost invariably on one of three types: bikers wearing colors of some sort; fat old MAGA whiteguys; and younger guys, always with their family, always wearing something camo, dutifully ready to defend them from the roving gangs of thugs in the Fry’s yogurt/cheese aisle.

But not even here would they essentially deputize every freaking one of them. This is literally creating a police state.

4. Jimmy T says:

Fun video, not sure why they needed a monkey, but fun less the none…

5. beckymaenot says:

Seriously- even a MAGA GQP idiot can see where this could be bad for everyone. I mean- we all have that one friend who shouldn’t be allowed to drive, much less own a gun- and to say they would be deputized? Ridiculous.

• Of course it’s Wendy Rogers who’s doing this, following the learned example of Chip Roy (GQP-TX)

Instead [Rogers] simply read from information that was provided after U.S. Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, introduced similar federal legislation last year.

Roy said in a news release that a Chinese-based energy company bought more than 130,000 acres of land near Laughlin Air Force Base in his home state “and is now attempting to build a wind farm to access the U.S. power grid.”

The they bought land in Texas, which is famously not connected to the US Energy Grid because FREEEEDUMBBB!!!!11!!!ELEVENTY

Oh, the unintended consequences. Let me count the ways.

Fun Facts:

There are currently 686,348 active enhanced handgun carry permit holders in the state, according to the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security, which issues the permits.

Under Tennessee’s gun rules, an adult civilian resident can apply for an enhanced gun permit, which allows for both open and concealed carry, by paying a $100 fee and providing an eight-hour handgun safety course certificate.

The 2020 United States census reported Tennessee’s population at 6,910,840. (1% of the population will automatically become law enforcement officers if the legislation went into effect today.)

I’m going to go out on a limb and label this as outright defunding of the police. Who needs the police when everyone can be a law enforcement officer for only $100 + 8 hours of playing with guns in front of a bunch of instructors who worship guns (and are easily bribable).

• purplehead says:

Uh, wouldn’t that be 10% of the population who would become “law enforcement officers”? Cripes. If I were 25 years old or so, I’d book out of this shit-hole country so fast.

[Tengrain was here! I hope I fixed it…]

7. Sirius Lunacy says:

Every person of color should go out and get their enhanced permit immediately. That would kill these bills in their tracks guaranteed.