#TruckNuts Driving The News

Keep on fappin’

Axios tells us

Copycat convoys are arising in other countries, including the United States, where officials warned of a potential disruption to Sunday’s Super Bowl in Los Angeles.

Factories facing a shortage of parts have been forced to stop production on both sides of the border after protesters supporting the truckers blocked access to Detroit’s Ambassador Bridge.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the border:

The Ontario government is preparing a series of measures in an effort to break the logjam at the Ambassador Bridge and reopen the most important trade link between Canada and the U.S.,

Premier Doug Ford intends to get tough with the protesters, one source said. In addition to hefty fines and the possible confiscation of vehicles, the sources said the province is also looking at its options for suspending commercial licenses.

And what about Dawson, er, overseas?

Authorities in Paris and Brussels yesterday said they will try to stop convoys from entering both cities, potentially thwarting plans for staging in Europe the type of demonstration that has paralyzed Ottawa and closed Canada’s busiest border crossing into the United States.

Because, of course they are:

NEW YORK (AP) — Several conservative media figures in the U.S. have taken up the cause of Canadian truckers who have occupied parts of Ottawa and blocked border crossings to protest COVID-19 restrictions and vaccine mandates.

Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity cheered the truckers on while showing four live reports from Ottawa this week. Tucker Carlson’s online store is selling “I (heart) Tucker” T-shirts edited to say “I (heart) Truckers.”

“Send our solidarity, love and support to all of the brave people who are there,” Hannity told Fox reporter Sara Carter, who was with the protesters in Ottawa, on his show Thursday. “Don’t give up.”

So, in other words, this Republican optics faux-rage is already hurting workers and going to slow down our post Trump-Virus economic recovery, you know, so they can win in 2022. The Republicans —besides hating democracy, the United States, and especially the Left— hate capitalism, too? Explain to the class how this helps you, Possum Hollar.

This entry was posted in People Dumber than Dolphins, Wingnuttia. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to #TruckNuts Driving The News

1. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I hope they disrupt the Super Bowl (minimum ticket price almost $6K). It would be the first time in their lives they actually punched up.

Do it, fuckers, make the Super Bowl extra super.

• w3ski4me says:

I hope, I hope, I hope. Disrupt the Super Bowl by anti-vaxxers. I am not at all a sports ball fan so it would not affect me in the least, but some good old boys would be mightily pissed at that. Make anti-vaxxers unpopular, I love that idea.
      w3ski

L.A. cops are not exactly known for subtlety (see King, Rodney), so if they are in a mood to bash some heads (and they usually are), this could be more exciting than the game.

Also: DO NOT EFF WITH ANGELENOS DRIVING.

2. I’m glad they’re putting a face (theirs) on all this economic sabotage. They deserve the recognition and credit.

3. Greg Mann says:

Helicopter gunships with tear gas. Tanks to push the debris aside. No ambulances as “you’ve been warned.

Two words. Cancel fucking Culture. OK. Three words.

5. laura says:

Look beyond the “trump parade” and try to unsee the assault on democracy, in Canada, in Belgium, being planned for the good old USA. Fascism is on the move folks. This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no fooling around.

6. Redhand says:

Seems to me they should give these assholes notice that if their vehicles are not removed from the streets by a certain date and time, the Govt. will remove them by force, i.e. bulldozers. There really does come a point where this sh*t has to stop. What’s “OK” about shutting down a city and international crossing points for three weeks. Also, I’ve read that many of these clowns have taken a “sovereign citizen” type of oath during this.

This is a perfect example of the modern “conservative mind” at work. “I have ‘freedumb’ to grossly inconvenience/disrupt your lives because it’s my freedumb, not yours.”

If these were “lefties,” we can imagine that Hannity and Carlson would be shrieking about “Antifa.” Eff them.