Great Signs, Cont.

H/T @NamelessCynic of the Tweeters

Truth in advertising, too.

This entry was posted in Great Signs. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Great Signs, Cont.

1. In our area the DQ is a great tasting place to eat compared to the other local restaurants the tourists fill and no local goes into during snowbird season. Locals know that the snowbirds look down their nose at the place, yet it has great food. I love the mushroom Swiss burger. Scottie

2. Oneofthebobs says:

Makes me proud to be a bad uncle.

3. UGH. DQ sucks. I’m so glad I live in Buffalo & I can get real custard ice cream, not that crappy air-filled crapola. & fabulous hamburgers & hotdogs from local places. Not to mention the best pizza known to man.

• onkelbob says:

Decades ago High Country News had a survey that indicated how rural west your town was, the nexus was the presence of DQ versus other fast food. DQ east of the Mississippi is one of a million other things, west of the Platte it is the only thing. Hence the opinion of it increases with scarcity and lack of competition if it’s all you got it’s the best around.

• From the responses it seems hit or miss on how good the local DQ are. Reminds me of the Steak & Shakes here, some are OK and some are downright a crime against life itself. Scottie

• MDavis says:

It’s that way with a lot of chains. To many outlets and there is a drop in quality controls. See Carls Jr in San Diego (yum!) vs. Carls Jr in Spokane (I didn’t order a hockey puck, why did I get one?)

We did not have DQs in the Bay Area when I was growing up, so I really don’t have a dog in this fight.

One of my former co-workers goes to DQ every chance she gets. She would drive 2+ hours on weekends to go the one near Vacaville.

That’s brand devotion.

• MDavis says:

Honestly – when I was growing up I could probably count the number of times we went to any fast food place without taking off my shoes and socks.

4. artahzen says:

I don’t eat FOOD at the DQ but I love me some Blizzards! The local DQ is in a tiny parking lot that has 6-7 little 3 table restaurants that fill up with young folks on the weekends. They completely shut down the parking lot and the entrances and exits, so no Blizzards for us from Friday til Monday but then, OMG, I will stand in line for quite a while for one.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s