The Operative Quote

“The actions we have taken thus far will not be our last,” Garland said Wednesday, speaking in the Justice Department’s Great Hall in an address that was broadcast live online and by cable news channels. “The Justice Department remains committed to holding all January 6th perpetrators, at any level, accountable under law — whether they were present that day or were otherwise criminally responsible for the assault on our democracy. We will follow the facts wherever they lead.”
—US AG Merrick Garland

I get it that there is not a lot Garland can say with an on-going investigation, so I guess I’m grateful for what he did say. My best guess is that while he could press obstruction charges on Hair Füror right now —based on the Mueller Report— but instead  he’s waiting to drop a grand piano on his orange topknot, Warner Brothers-style, and overwhelm TFG’s legal team.

This entry was posted in The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Operative Quote

1. Stony Pillow says:

Dare to dream. Garland, the acceptable alternative, is in way over his head and doesn’t have the foggiest notion of the function of Attorney General. To him, Lady Justice has a scale in one hand and a wet noodle in the other.

He should go into his study, put on his smoking jacket and pull out his pipe, curl up with a legal tome, and stop pretending he’s defending America.

• Czippie L'Shimpe says:

Truer words were never spoken. Thank you.

My worry is that, even if it does come to pass that the grand piano is dropped, it’ll be done when the Republicans and their supplicants in the press have already crushed democracy, and those under the piano will be protected for life.

• Cheryl says:

Huzzah!

2. Jimmy T says:

For TFG who reportedly breaks wind often…

Or, we could be in a Dead Zone and simply waiting on TFG to make the next stupid as f*ck move.

4. Redhand says:

I guess I’m grateful for what he did say.

He should have signaled this much earlier. It feels like he’s playing catchup. In any event, the pace has to increase dramatically. I’m still pissed that TFG hasn’t been charged with the Stormy Daniels business. No excuse for pulling punches there, IMO.

I guess I need to be more clear: I wish Garland had said all this LAST SPRING, and he could have.

As regular readers know, I’ve suggested that we maybe needed to hold a mirror under his nose to see if he is still breathing. This is the first sign of life I’ve seen, so I am taking it. I’m not brimming over with confidence as you can see, but I am aware that his career as a judge has made him cautious to ensure his cases stand up to scrutiny.

Rgds.

5. quakerinabasement says:

If Garland waits long enough, TFG will be looking through the Yellow Pages for names of lawyers he hasn’t stiffed yet.

6. MDavis says:

Nice picture of “duping delight”, there.
    It’s a thing. It’s TFG’s entire life.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s