Dad Signs, Cont.

H/T @NamelessCynic

I swear to blog, my dad made this joke about my first British sports car (and frankly, too close to the truth to be a joke.)

This entry was posted in Bad Signs, Dad Jokes. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Dad Signs, Cont.

1. Oneofthebobs says:

You had a second British sports car? What a daredevil!

2. HA! My Daddy used to make the same joke about one of my cars.

3. Czippie L'Shimpe says:

The first car my wife and I had was an Austin Healy Sprite – which she learned to drive in. She’s been a “car person” ever since. We bought it because it was, at $200, quite affordable. As we look back at the many cars we’ve had since then, it pretty much tops the list of one’s we wish we still had.

One of my longest-standing regrets is selling the MGA I rebuilt: it was 2-toned (a creamy white with what I can only describe as 1950s toothpaste green) and it was a damn fine ride.

• The one I wish I still had was my old ’73 Moto Guzzi. Rode that one across country after I graduated.

• muttpupdad says:

That is why my 73 Norton bought new is still sitting out in the garage, turn the odometer over twice but still starts on the second kick. See my avatar riding it in the 2005 Polar Bear Run.

4. robginchicago says:

1965 or 66 Austin Healy Sprite, black, but had a white racing stripe painted on and called the car “skunk.” Usually had to push start the damn thing and pop the clutch, especially on rainy or humid days, and keep a can of ether around to spray into the carburator. High school buddies used to lift the car and move it so that it was wedged between two trees. Still, it was a blast to drive, and run it down the sidewalk to terrorize my little brother.

5. MDavis says:

My fave was my Tempest/LeMans. It was a 4-door LeMans, from the factory, special order for a taxi company in Olympia, WA. I didn’t know at the time, but hubby checked it out from my description, and that’s what the Pontiac people told him.
    Not as sporty as you guys, but it was the best car I ever owned.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s