Dance Out The Old, Sing In the New

Scissorheads –

2021 has been a year of lows and highs: from the Stupid Coup and nearly losing our democracy to inaugurating President Handsome Joe Biden, we’ve seen it all. Yes, the Trump-Virus is still with us, and yes, the Republicans are still trying to overthrow the gubmint to stall Pol POTUS, but we are still standing together, shoulder-to-shoulder with our spitballs at the ready for whatever the next outrage will be.

We’ll muddle through somehow. We always do.

Tonight I raise a toast to all the Scissorheads, but especially to those who have gone before us. In the Irish tradition they are in the Better Place (where, definitionally, there are no English) and we are supposed to be happy for them, but I’d still like to have them with us tonight nonetheless.

So tonight, as we remain masked, vaxxed, and socially distanced, please know that I hold you close in my heart. Thank you for being The Internet’s Band of Incorrigible Spitballers® and making this little blog The Cult Failure Since 2006.

Tomorrow we start 2022, be afraid. Be very afraid.

Best Regards,

This entry was posted in The Small Print. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Dance Out The Old, Sing In the New

1. S M McBean says:

My thanks to you for giving me an intelligent place to visit every day.

2. Jimmy T says:

Not to be a downer, but 2022 is pronounced 2020 too…

3. Another Kiwi says:

TG continues to shine a beacon of snark and genuine outrage through the fog enveloping the US. A social media star.
    All the best for this year,
    AK

4. gruaud says:

Same as it ever was.

5. purplehead says:

Thank Dog and Bastet for TG and Scissorheads. As we spin up another 2020.

6. Jimmy T says:

My fav War Pigs song…

7. ali redford says:

Thank you, TG, and all the rest of you. It’s all been said, but MPS is the best place to read on the internet, and I appreciate it. A fine 2022 to all!

8. I am about to start on my last drinks of 2021; but the first one is for YOU, TG.

9. Meremark says:

Wishing all the best prospects…and each one defining their own ‘best.’

Being hopeful very hopeful going 2022 and forward. Have had enough of and done with “afraid very afraid.”
    Might MPS prosper evermore 😁

10. Y’all are and island of sanity in a sea of madness. Thanks all for being here, and I’ll raise a glass to you and one to absent friends…

As the man says: If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane

11. we’re all arguing about the phrasing of Our New Year, but all I hear is this: https://youtu.be/bm51ihfi1p4

12. Richard Portman says:

Mockpaperscissors opened a window for me about 3 years ago. It is a little community i can visit everyday. There is humor, and i agree with the politics. Living where i do, i sometimes felt like the only one. Not anymore. This is a good place. Happy New Year. I think it might be pretty crappy, but we can do it.

• Same. But I got here a bit longer ago. I find my hard opinions and deep intense at LGM, and go to Balloon Juice for intensely emotional input, and come here for consistent smart sarcasm and snark. These places help me stay undead.

13. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Thanks for doing what you’ve been doing, old chum!

14. schmice3 says:

Thank you for this site. It keeps things in perspective. It keeps me sane. Happy new year to you and to all of us. We all deserve it.

15. Keep on keepin’ on, TG. The ironic and sarcastic humor here is a ready tonic to the daily thud of our stupid world.

16. Czippie L'Shimpe says:

Thank you TG. As long as you’re willing to put this show on, I’ll be here whispering in the wings.

17. moeman says:

All the best to you TG and all the Scissorheads.

Also, CAKE !

18. jim says:

Happy New Year, 10,
    I’m one more old guy who has been following your ledes for many years, always grateful that you do so much Spade work for us. And you never ask for money! As a fixed income senior, I would send you some pittance, if you needed it. Thanks again.

19. pagan in repose says:

I was in the lurker section for a number of years before I left a note. Cynicism and sarcasm have always been my best defense against the remorseless of the relentless slings and arrows of this thing we call life.

I do indeed enjoy my days reading your Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious blog. Enjoy the new year and thanks for being here. Hear, hear!