Rep. Paul Gosar (R-The Terrible Sand Kingdom of Arizonastan) is Censured

Now try getting out of the tree.

221 Democrats—and ONLY the usual two Republicans Cheney and Kinzinger—censured Paul Gosar for his video depicting Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s murder, and you know, attacking the President of the United States. With swords.

Gosar is removed from his committee assignments and I guess will be haunting the halls like a common Rep. 3-Names.

K-Mac has refused to condemn Gosar’s behavior. He likened Gosar’s actions to those of Rep. Maxine Waters, who told supporters to “get more confrontational“ about police brutality. And thus began the epic and legendary whataboutism-a-thon.

Republicans defending Gosar tried to switch the “debate” away from the video to focus on:

• illegal aliens
  • out-of-control crime
  • the humiliating surrender in Afghanistan
  • the rising costs of Thanksgiving dinners

When one runs out of whatabout I guess one mind runs to the next paid time off [for themselves, anyway].

K-Mac then criticized Democrats for spending time on the censure of Gosar.

“Will this Congress be remembered as a congress that addressed those serious challenges? Not a chance. Instead, this Congress will go down in history as a broken Congress.”

True dat. Thanks a lot, K-Mac.

America’s aging Prom date, Rep. Matt Gaetz, thought that threatening to kill a member was no bigs, and made this relevant point, which we guess he got from one of his Prom dates:

And whaddabout… Screwy Louie!

And what about the jihadist hiding under your bed, hmmm:

So just another day in Wingnuttia.

This entry was posted in Arizonastan, Crazeee States, Wingnuttia. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Rep. Paul Gosar (R-The Terrible Sand Kingdom of Arizonastan) is Censured

1. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Anime is fiction.
    Stochastic terrorism is real.

There is such a thing as Congressional etiquette and that is the purpose of this particular censure. So here is what we now know that we already knew. It is perfectly OK for the GQP to glorify violent videos even though they blame them for babies killing babies. BUT, it is NOT OK for Big Bird to encourage vaccinating children because that saves babies’ lives. The party of death has once again told us who they are.

Also, projection. Lots and lots of it.

3. purplehead says:

We need to replace dog-damned Rethugs in Congreƒƒ with sloths.

(I can’t watch this little video enough.)

4. jetsam359 says:

These guys are always playing the victim. You’d think there would be a membership card. Oh wait, I found it on Reddit…

5. Redhand says:

My mockery is tempered by the grief of knowing that if the GQP gets in power again we have lost our democracy, or what remains of it. The fascism of the right becomes more evident with the passing of every single day.

And, Kevin McCarthy is a disgrace. It is astounding what a moral coward he is. Unbelievable, really.

I have a hard time wondering how bad life in this country will get if THF gets back in the WH and these swine in Congress take over. All I can think of is Weimar 1933.

What really depresses me is how the current Administration is sleepwalking through all this. Garland will go down in history as the man who (maybe) saw the threat but lacked the moral courage to stop it. The same with Biden. The future of the Republic is at stake, and it’s business as usual for these two.

Let me put it another way. If Biden had been President in 1861, we’d have a Confederacy and a “USA” today. I expected more than we are getting, way more.

• Redhand says:

THF shoulda have been TFG, of course. 😦

• Kiwiwriter says:

You’re absolutely right…I increasingly feel like we’re living in Weimar Germany, with the book-burning, right-wing thugs, and bloviating would-be dictators.

We sort of had the Reichstag Fire. The second time, Trump will do a more “effective” job.

The American people don’t want democracy. As Obama said, it’s hard work. They want organized corruption to ease their way in life; removal of unpleasant minorities, liberals, and educated people from positions of power, their neighborhoods, and the media; and patriotic spectacles that renew and empower their beliefs: Fox, Alex Jones, the Super Bowl, WWE, NASCAR, and the Miss America Pageant.

6. Redhand says:

@Kiwiwriter Fookin’ sad, isn’t it? My heart goes back to when I was a young man majoring in Political Science at the University of Md. in College Park in 1969-70. Do’h, I was in the dept’s “honors program” and remember taking a seminar in constitutional law. The “rule of law” seemed unassailable then. We could rely upon the Supreme Court to do the right thing (most of the time). Behavior such as we see now in Congress now was inconceivable then. The parties played hardball but within the realm of democratic norms. And Presidents were kept in check, again, for the most part. Back then, the idea that America was a nation of laws, not men, meant something. Law was the essential glue that held our diverse society together.

It’s all turned to shit half a century later. One of the evilest men who has facilitated this is Moscow Mitch. He’s turned the judicial nominating process, especially in the Supreme Court, into a farce, and has fundamentally damaged the federal judiciary, as well as the public perception that there is “equal justice under law.” The corporatist Supreme Court has done its part by gutting the Voting Rights Act and always favoring monied interests. I consider the present SCOTUS as a handmaiden to the triumph of fascism in America.

My going on and on about the law and its role in our society is because I actually believe in this stuff. I’ve been a lawyer since 1977. It just slays me to see what is unfolding now.

I don’t know if I can live in an America that would elect Trump again, and put the GOP in control of Congress again. In this climate it would be like Weimar in 1933, I’m sure. Blood in the streets, lots of it. And the hell of it is, that is exactly what millions of “Murricans” want. I don’t recall what scholar said that slavery (and racism) are America’s original sin, but we see today that it is all too true. That’s exactly what all the caterwauling about “immigration” is all about, among other things.

I am seriously considering going for Irish citizenship: I’m eligible. It’s an understatement for me to say that becoming an exile, turning my back on the Country where I was born, and having to say that my belief in America and my professional and personal life here was a grand illusion, is a bitter prospect.

7. MDavis says:

Boebert sure is shouty.
    But Swallwell is waaaay too subtle here.

Surprised he didn’t work this into his comment somehow, somewhere.

8. paul fredine says:

i’ve probably/definitely asked this before but what if a democratic member of congress had posted a similar cartoon with aoc beheading mcconnel and threatening tfg, republicans would be screaming for her immediate arrest and trial. a simple censure would not suffice.