It’s Floriduh, Jake

Floriduh (Motto: where the debris meets the sea)  Gov. Ron DeSantis is trolling the rest of America:

DeSantis eyes $5,000 bonus for unvaccinated police to relocate to Florida

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Sunday that he is looking to enact legislation that will provide a $5,000 bonus to police officers to relocate to Florida, where they can avoid vaccine mandates.

DeSantis told host Maria Bartitomo on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures” that Florida is “actively working” to recruit law enforcement officers from other states who are being fired for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine.

“We’re actually actively working to recruit out-of-state law enforcement, because we do have needs in our police and our sheriff’s departments. So, in the next legislative session, I’m going to hopefully sign legislation that gives a $5,000 bonus to any out-of-state law enforcement that relocates in Florida,” DeSantis said.

I’m gonna doubt that the Floriduh legislature is going to fund DeSantis’s 2024 Goat Rodeo project, but you never know what Florida Man will do.

In the meat world my friends in Seattle were talking about how cool it is that members of the police force —charged with protecting the public— rather than protect the public through our Governor’s vaccination mandate. There was news late last week showing a double-digit crowd of SPD and SFD officers resigning. It’s a rounding-error compared to the entire force, but the photo accompanying the story was attention grabbing?

Should we care that these brainwashed, culture war, steroid-abusing mooks are quitting the police and possibly heading to Floriduh?

Naw, the bad apples are un-spoiling the barrel.

This entry was posted in Anti-Vaxxer, Floriduh, Pandemics, Vaccine, vaccine mandates. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to It’s Floriduh, Jake

1. Redhand says:

DeSantis told host Maria Bartitomo [sic] on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures”

Maria Bartiromo. It figures. I can’t think of a worse Fox toady than her. But WTF is the story with “Sunday Morning Futures” as a show title? Does she think she’s still on the Fox Bidness Channel? What other “Futures” are intended here? Fox alternate realities?

I still have a hard time reconciling the current Maria Bartiromo with the one that the Ramones sang about.

• I think it’s the last tattered, lace-like remnants of a fig leaf representing her dignity and credibility.

A bitter reminder of when she was considered an actual journalist Fox Bidness exotic hottie reporter, not the aging, rode-hard-and-put-away-wet meat puppet on a sunday morning fox rage uncle show… her last stop before the 3AM slot that’s mostly commercials for gold, stiffy pills and buckets of potato slop that leads to ‘a Youtube channel’.

(Say hi to Glenn Beck when yah get there, Maria!)

2. jetsam359 says:

“On a scientific basis, most of those first responders have had COVID and have recovered,” Deathsantis alleged. A bold statement from a guy with no understanding of science (Einstein just rolled over in his grave), but a firm belief in ideology. I would posit that science flies us to the moon, while ideology flies us into buildings…

3. Sirius Lunacy says:

Just what we need in Florida, more police officers who don’t believe the rules apply to them. Thanks Deathsantis.

4. David says:

Deathsantis is crazier than Trump so that means the
    current GOP favor him.

5. Unfortunately, I do feel like I have to care if DeSantis is trying to use state funds to assemble his own brownshirts. I can still move farther away from Florida though, so I’ve got that going on.

6. w3ski4me says:

My wife’s best friend has a son who is a Ca. cop who is scared of the vaccine. He has already mentioned Florida, so I suppose this will expedite his move.
    We don’t need any Covid spreaders in our state so I am happy he is moving. Besides he is a Republican so there goes another worthless vote.
    But, what is going to happen in Florida I ask? When the next variant comes along and wipes out what, say 40 to 60% of unvaccinated areas? It’s really going to go south when even the cops are spreaders.
    w3ski

7. osirisopto says:

So, we can expect the new headline to read “Florida man, an off duty police officer…”

8. Bruce388 says:

It’s a safe assumption that most of the Floridians cops meet have avoided the vaccines. They can give the virus to each other.And we can live happily ever after.

9. fry1laurie says:

With $5000, their post-COVID funeral expenses are already pre-paid!