News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News

Family Fun Day for the Coup Klux Klan

He seems nice:

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A state senator is receiving backlash after referring to Asian Americans as “yellow families” during a recent interim study focused on racial inequality. Sen. David Rader used the term during that presentation on Wednesday.

Below is the transcription from that interaction between Sen. Rader and Oklahoma Policy Institute’s Damion Shade:

“…Well into your presentation did you go to yellow families? You left yellow families out for quite a while.”
“You mean Asian Americans?”
“You use black term, white term, brown term so I was just gonna jump in there with you…”
“I was just making sure.”
“Asian distraction…”
“Asian Americans.”
“Because their experience has been totally different than many umm, than many others that have come over.”

Tell the class what you really mean, Sen. Rader.

“Even his word choice, as abhorrent as it is, it’s the ideas underneath it that he tried to articulate in his very brief comments that are in my opinion far more problematic,” he said. “He also makes comments about black family structure, trying to suggest making black families didn’t succeed because they didn’t stay together.”

Chair of the Oklahoma Democratic Party Alicia Andrews says she’s most upset that he unapologetically justified his use of the term.

“It’s troubling that he said it but it’s troubling that he doubled down,” she said. “The study was about racial inequities and here we are talking about his misuse of language.”

He didn’t misuse language, he dogwhistled what he meant.

This entry was posted in Oklahoma, The New Confederacy. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. schmice3 says:

You know? We might be doomed after all.

2. jetsam359 says:

I’m totally offended. I think I mentioned it before, but I grew of age in a biracial family. I have both a brother and sister of Japanese heritage. My brother has done very well in life running a college level online classroom, where he both offers the structure of the format to other educators as well as teaching classes himself. I haven’t seen my sister in more than thirty years. Not sure she is alive, but her life was very challenging to her. Having an openly racist politician obscenely speaking this way is beyond offensive. It smacks of the Klan’s treatment of our black citizens, because they couldn’t believe that a black man or woman could compete in their white man’s world…

Definitely unwoke. Also a perfect example of white privilege.

4. Because their experience has been totally different than many umm, than many others that have come over.

Riiiiggggght. That’s why it was called the “Italian American exclusion act of 1882” and they sent Irish-americans to concentration camps in WWII.

Do they just brew them up this dumb in a big fucking vat somewhere???

5. racism is oozing out of so many white people since Trump.

• Redhand says:

Trump normalized racism and made it “respectable” again. MAGA!

• Zorba says:

They always felt this way, but mostly tried to hide it, at least in public. Trump kicked the rock over and let all the slime ooze out for everyone to see.

• Bruce388 says:

T**** has shown a real aptitude for bringing out the assholes.

After the 2016 election a high school classmate, who coincidentally is an asshole, posted that T**** was his first vote since Reagan. He lives in Florida so he’s probably at risk for Covid-19, assuming it hasn’t gotten him already.

Redhand –

I’m not sure he made anything respectable. But he certainly made racism visible. Again.

• Redhand says:

@tengrain Well, point taken. Sometimes my attempts at sarcasm are a bit off the mark.

6. Pingback: Whaz Up!?! Appalachian Roots, Edition (Monday 25 October 2021) – The Psy of Life