Bill Maher has some hard truths to tell us

I have not watched Bill Maher in a long while, but this was recommended and so I did.

I don’t know if Maher got it right, but he got it right enough. It’s worth a listen.

This entry was posted in 2022 Pie Fight, 2024 Goat Rodeo, 4th Reich, The Big Lie, The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Bill Maher has some hard truths to tell us

1. No way (-said with eyes pinched shut and fingers crossed). Too much is churning, legally speaking. That said, I could never watch Maher, can’t stand him.

2. Meremark says:

Ditto CR. Can’t quite put ‘Maher’ and ‘worth’ in the same sentence
    We used to say
    Newt G. is dumb peoples’ idea of what a smart person sounds like.

Maher is nobody’s idea of who should be on TV.

Sounds to me like he is ready to give in to the bullies.

• ali redford says:

I didn’t get that, but did take that he’s hoping for more general-public cooperation in stopping this legally than what he (what any of us?) sees at this time. But, each of us sees different aspects, I know. ☮

4. Art says:

Okay, based on the consensus of comments, shooting the messenger instead of dealing with the message is the way they handle bad news. So sure, make it about Maher.

That’s going to make things interesting when your grand-kids ask: ‘What did you do in the war?’ Answer being: Well, there was this guy Hitler and his critics just weren’t ideologically pure and consistent enough to carry the warning and … ‘

Typical oversensitive liberal BS. Yes, I’m a liberal but I am comfortable with my dark side. Embrace your imperfection. Xenophobia in limited amounts and kept under control is normal. Even if all the isms could be cured entirely with a wave of the hand you won’t solve the problem. Racism, sexism and all the others are just sops for the base and provide a way of antagonizing the libs. They are just means to a larger end. The people driving this are not really concerned with any of that. They are all about money, power and control.

This is a battle that has been there from the first days of the nation. The first version had the vote limited to land-holding white men. The thought is that the nation should be run by the people who own it. This is classic Libertarianism that, if kept in its pure form and allowed to run its course, end up like a game of Monopoly. One person has all the property, money, and power. One person wins and everyone else loses. Of course, in the game, then everyone hands the money and property back so you can play again.

This isn’t a board game played for fun. This is real-life. We will live and die. Our children will prosper or suffer without any control over their own lives. A few hundred Billionaires are playing a game and we are the pawns. All the isms are just ways to keep the peasants distracted and divided. Bill Maher is correct in this.

A storm is coming the fate of a nation is on the line and

5. beckymaenot says:

I may not be a fan of the man – but as I listened to his predictions- I didn’t laugh- not even once- because every single point he makes is not new. If 45 isn’t arrested and prosecuted for his crimes- then at some point in the near future we will witness the GOP Power Grab. They have not been quiet about how they are going to do it. They have not been planning the strategy in secret. If the US falls to them, it will be because we did not take the warnings seriously and we let it happen. We let 30% of the population decide our future.

6. Ellis Weiner says:

I sent this clip to friends, too, with the question, Can somebody tell me why this isn’t plausible? Of course, Trump and his minions are famously inept, and we don’t know what Dems are doing under the radar to counter it, but still.

• Richard Portman says:

We are not doing anything under the radar. We are scared, and we are in a state of concern.
      We don’t have another country to go to. We have some memories of the last time this happened.
      We have quite a few memories. This is why this trump cult is so concerning to us.
      I am not a Jew, but we have lived with them since before Jesus.
      Just so you know, it is people like this trump cult that killed their own boy and said it is our fault.
      Meanwhile, we want nothing to do with it. So fuck off. This also goes for Islam.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s