Late Stage Capitalism is Home For The Holidays!

Axios morning email thingie is warning us that late-stage capitalism is going to interfere with Christian Theocracy this year (weird emboldening and enigmatic bullet usage is all theirs):

Holiday gifts are going to cost up to 20% more this year, Axios’ Hope King writesfrom a Salesforce forecast.

• Businesses are warning consumers to start holiday shopping yesterday to avoid the worst of the empty shelves and inflated prices.

Hasbro plans toy price increases that “should cover additional expenses, leading the company to expect limited margin headwinds,” Goldman Sachs’ research team writes in a note.

• “Mattel’s price increases … will offset cost inflation from supply chain challenges,” Goldman wrote separately.

What’s happening: Pent-up demand for goods, and record household wealth, are translating to strong consumer spending, giving companies more pricing power to cover rising costs of materials and logistics.

What the observant reader will notice is that the words off-shore manufacturing are not mentioned anywhere in the analysis. If you go to the full article, you will see the generalized term supply chain mentioned twice without explaining what that phrase means.

So all the much-vaunted destruction of the American manufacturing base to bring (allegedly) lower prices to consumers (which was never apparent to me, but the profit margins for the CEO rat bastards have been notable), is now going to cost you even more.

This entry was posted in Bastards, blood sucking leeches, CEO Bastards, holidays, Rat Bastards. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Late Stage Capitalism is Home For The Holidays!

1. “That Commie Biden is printing money like a drunken Zimbabwean Treasurer! Inflation! National Debt! Deficits! Wheelbarrows full of worthless banknotes! OOOGA BOOGA!!!!”

2. MinuteMan says:

Capitalism is waging a war on Xmas: to arms!

3. quakerinabasement says:

A Denver sportswriter once reported an interaction with John Elway that was reminiscent of the You make what? Three, four hundred thousand?”

4. pagan in repose says:

Corporate wet dream is to make most countries of the world into third-world work-camps and just keep moving manufacturing every time the workers demand a raise. Into infinity and beyond. I was never sure what customers they would have besides the super rich. I guess we will find out soon.

I doubt that Wall Street thinks it is Late Stage Capitalism time. Besides when the RETHUGS take over they know they will see the biggest tax cut ever!

Pagan –

I’m reminded that China (and all of Asia, really) has an emerging middle class that really needs/wants to buy merde like washers and ovens and so on, and as good Marxists, we all know that one moves the means of production to the market. Our plutocrats are not banking on the American Market, they’ve moved on.

What the hell are they worried about? It’s Xmas in Murka. Around these parts, people will go into debt to buy hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of junk for their kids for Xmas.

6. glitterbug says:

Everyone on my Christmas list is getting home made butter cookies with sprinkles.

From a recipe my Mom got in 1966 from a North Jersey Italian grandmother.

I will happily share with anybody who wants it.

7. glitterbug says:

I finally tried to post the recipe, but the site wouldn’t let me, too big probably.

How can I get it to you?

Tengrain was here! Glitterbug sent me the recipe which looks fantastic, and here it is [lightly edited and formatted:

Holiday Butter Cookies
    Makes about 6 trays of 40 cookies.

• 4 sticks salted butter
    • 2.5 cups SIFTED Confectioners Sugar
    • 4 Egg yolks
    • 3 tsp Vanilla
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 5 cups SIFTED Flour
    • 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
    • colored sugar crystals, not those rat turd things

For some unknown reason, the sifting is important. We got lazy once and the cookies came out wrong.
    I’ve since bought an electric sifter I mount on a ring stand. (I’m a Chemist) I also have a mega-Kitchenaid mixer.
    It can be done with a hand beater, but it’s tough. Anyway,

1. Cream Butter and sifted sugar.
    2. Add Egg yolks and vanilla, blend.
    3. Blend in salt and 2 cups of flour. Blend in 2 more cups of flour.
    4. Blend in the last cup and the cream. Dough will be very thick.
    5. Use a cookie press onto a cookie sheet.
    6. This is where I put on the sprinkles. I have several of those jars that pizza places keep the crushed red pepper. The holes are just the right size.
    7. Bake at 400F on an ungreased cookie sheet fo 6 -8 mins or until lightly brown arrond the edges. Ovens vary.

I leave about a quarter of them naked and dip them in bakers chocolate later

They keep well in the freezer.

Good luck!