Social Climbers and Gate Crashers: Jar-Jarvanka

🎶 Looking out a dirty old window 🎵

It’s totally predictable:

[Grisham] is particularly negative about the president’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, and her husband Jared Kushner — both of whom held senior White House positions. She wrote that the first lady and White House staff called Ivanka “the Princess” who regularly invoked “my father” in work meetings, and Grisham dubbed Kushner “the Slim Reaper” for his habit of inserting himself into other people’s projects, making a mess and leaving them to take the blame.

Tellingly, Grisham writes that Ivanka and Jared tried to push their way into meeting Queen Elizabeth II alongside the president and first lady, a wild breach of protocol on a state visit, but were thwarted when they couldn’t fit into the helicopter. “I finally figured out what was going on,” Grisham writes. “Jared and Ivanka thought they were the royal family of the United States.”

Always remember that the Jar-Jarvankas wouldn’t let the Secret Service —who were protecting their lives!— use the bathroom in their house. So, you know, this story totally scans.

I might have to read this book. Sigh.

This entry was posted in Fratsputin Jared Kushner, Ivanka-ka, The First Shady, Trump Crime Family. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Social Climbers and Gate Crashers: Jar-Jarvanka

1. genelms says:

I have not been able to bring myself to purchase any of the tell-all books released over the past 4 years. I don’t want to contribute to the grifting and profiteering at the expense of our democracy. By withhold any of the information, if factual, for their books, in my view they are complicit with the destruction. The only recognition they should get is a wax statue in the Grand Hall of the Pantheon of Deplorables.

• ali redford says:

I second this. Thanks!

Grishams’ book appears to be just gossip, so I’m tempted. I agree with you Genelms about the rest and especially Woodward’s books. Those have scoops that could have changed history if they had been reported at the time.

• MDavis says:

If I was going to buy one of the books spawned by this mess, I’d probably pick one by Mary Trump.
        Gossip, that I can get at work. Gossip I can get anywhere. Gossip is kind of hard to avoid.
        Scuttlebutt I get from Hubby, who somehow manages to have his finger on the pulse of the.. scuttle? … even when he is feeling under the weather.

• revzafod says:

The only “tell-all” book I’ve read in the last four years was “The Afghanistan Papers” this month. Recommended.

• muttpupdad says:

This is when the real good of libraries come out. Sure they will get a few sales but when the eyes on page are doing for free it really hurts.

• schmice3 says:

Why give them your money? Use your library card.

2. Bruce388 says:

I read Landslide and am going through Frankly, We Did Win This Election since they weren’t written by anyone in the administration. So far I’m happy to read the nuggets of Grisham’s book that have been hitting the internet.

And no way will I buy Woodward’s book. “Gosh, that bastard is a major threat to our democracy. Too bad I have to wait until I can make some money off this information.”)