The Morning Quote

Amy Coney Barrett
(Undated File Photo)

This quote jumped out at me:

“My goal today is to convince you that this court is not comprised of a bunch of partisan hacks,” [Justice Coathangers] told the guests at a Sunday celebration of the 30th anniversary of the opening of the McConnell Center at the University of Louisville.

The article doesn’t really explain WHY she would say this while at a celebration for infamous partisan hack amply be-chinned Mitch McConnell who got Justice Coathanger installed in a lifetime appointment for which she is profoundly unqualified, but sometimes Eiron the Goddess of Irony doesn’t need context.

This entry was posted in Amply Be-Chinned #MoscowMitch McConnell, Justice Amy Coathanger Barrett. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The Morning Quote

1. Sirius Lunacy says:

Well, Justice Coathangers, if you and your colleagues would prove it through actions there would be no need to convince with words.

2. spotthedog says:

Good thing she ‘splained that cause I was beginning to wonder.

You should set your sights on more attainable goals dear.

4. sos says:

Crap, that quote actually hints at JCH having self-awareness. Color me shocked.

5. Buttermilk Sky says:

The McConnell Center? Let’s see her make the same (paid, I’m sure) speech at the next ACLU convention.

6. ali redford says:

I know I’m showing my age (or something!) here, but I do expect a Supreme Court justice to know how to use words, even those that confuse high school sophomores (“…is not comprised…” should be “…does not comprise…). It’s a small thing in the big picture, but it does tell us what sort of language scholar she was.

Yes, I was one of those HS sophomores. It is a mistake I’ve never made again, which stood me well during my working days.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s