‘Oops,’ Said Faceberg —Part Infinity

So lifelike.

It keeps happening. I wonder why?

(H/T: Scissorhead Weird Dave )

This entry was posted in Facebook or Faceberg, racism, Social Media, White Punks on Dope. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to ‘Oops,’ Said Faceberg —Part Infinity

1. quakerinabasement says:

Wait. What does Facebook AI think I am? A cephalopod?

2. Weird Dave says:

Do I need to apologize for labeling Faceberg as an asshole?

No. No you don’t.
    (Full disclosure: I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of the Book of Faces…)

• The Book of Face is how I keep in contact with a number of friends, including my buddy in Louisiana (Lives just north of Ponchetrain, he’s got water, not power yet as of yesterday, but he’s doign well enough to post angry memes about Texass and bitching about all the people who don’t trim their trees so they fall down on power lines 🙂 and another friend who is raising bobwhites to release into her neighborhood to rebuild the population that was pushed out by construction. She’s pretty sure that there’s a second generation of urbanized bobwhites in her neighborhood now from her initial batch last year.)

Facebook’s just a tool, like a circular saw. In competent hands it lets you build houses; in incompetent ones you get called ‘Lefty’ for the rest of your life…

The key is interacting with just friends, and ignoring everything The Book of Face so desperately wants to show you. Twitter’s the same thing…

• revzafod says:

Exactly. Interact with friends and ignore the rest. Tools can be tools used for one’s purpose.

• Bruce3887 says:

I was enjoying Twitter until a totally thoughtless tweet got me kicked off. Twitter considered it a threat (it wasn’t) and my appeal was denied. It’s their platform and it’s their rules.

Ah, well, I was spending a LOT of time on there. And I have a list of people I followed and I’m still able to read their tweets.

3. MinuteMan says:

Does that mean that FB thinks black men aren’t primates?

4. purplehead says:

The elders of the Catholic Church are Primates, in the worst sense of the word.

5. Ten Bears says:

One would think young master Zuckerberg would be more sensitive to the propagation of racial stereotypes. Afterall, it wasn’t my ancestress whom in the deep dark recesses of antiquity interbred with those who fell from the sky.

I’m not the one who may not be entirely human.

6. TheOtherHank says:

My question is why doesn’t Facebook’s AI think that I am a primate? Racists.