And as long as we are talking about insurrectionists in Congress, we might as well talk about Ohio’s favorite sex abuse enabler Rep. Gym Jordan again. The good journalists at Just Security have put together a list in chronological order of Jordan’s statements and actions supporting the Stupid Coup and the subsequent Big Lie:
What follows is a comprehensive Timeline of Rep. Jordan’s public statements (in Congress, in public, on social media, and in media interviews) and his known activities related to the presidential election and the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.
The following fifteen highlights are from the Timeline below.
Congressman Jordan took the following actions:
- Suggested Democrats will try to steal the election (starting Aug. 22, 2020)
- Suggested and directly alleged the election was stolen (starting Nov. 5, 2020)
- Endorsed Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell’s call to investigate Dominion and Smartmatic (starting Nov. 15, 2020)
- Called for immediate congressional investigations of alleged election fraud (starting Nov. 18, 2020)
- Endorsed state legislators’ picking their own electors (starting Dec. 7, 2020)
- Said Trump should not concede (starting Dec. 7, 2020)
- Started public call to object to certification on Jan. 6 (starting Dec. 13, 2020)
- Supported call for “special counsel” to investigate alleged election fraud (starting Dec. 10, 2020)
- Called Jan. 6 the “ultimate date of significance” (Dec. 16, 2020)
- Met with President Trump and small group of House Republicans to coordinate plans to object to certification on January 6 (Dec. 21, 2021)
- Raised Trump supporters’ expectations by saying he hoped a majority of Congress will object on January 6 (Jan. 5, 2021)
- Helped lead the effort to vote against certification on January 6 (starting Dec. 13, 2020)
- Called for Trump supporters to remain peaceful, but does not say to disperse (Jan. 6, 2021 3:02 PM)
- Made false claims about Speaker Pelosi and security preparations for January 6 (starting Feb. 15, 2021)
- Revealed for the first time that he spoke with President Trump on Jan. 6 (July 28, 2021)
This course of conduct arguably sets Rep. Jordan apart from every other Republican member of Congress who supported the Big Lie, voted to object to the certification of the election, or engaged in other related activities.
Each of the 15 is reported in detail in the rest of the post. It’s worth your time to read.
Yeah, reading all that evidence of criminal conduct, but the MSM topline about Jordan and Gaetz is that their communications with TFG on Jan. 6th were efforts to call off the mob (once it was clear that the plot failed). That’s straight up gaslighting to wipe everything bad away.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Asking TFG to call off the mob is a pretty clear indicator that they believed the mob was under his control.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I feel sorry for his family. There must be somebody good in that group. What a wanker.