What Trae Said

“When’s the last time you saw a horse with Rona, huh? Hardly not never!”

This entry was posted in 2-drink minimum, Drinking Bleach for Fun and Profit, Pandemics, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to What Trae Said

1. Infidel753 says:

Crowder’s outdone himself this time!

Yeah, horses are different from people. They’re a lot smarter than Trumpanzees, for one thing.

2. This weekend I watched an entirely weird 1972 movie: Pocket Money

(how could it go wrong? Paul Newman, Lee Marvin, Strother Martin, script by Terence Malick, Theme song by Carole King! Shot around Southern AZ including here in Tucson??

[narrator]”oh it went wrong, so very, very wrong…” )

In it I learned that horses have their very own kinds of VD.

That is all.

Look on the bright side. They won’t have worms when they meet their maker.

• Richard Portman says:

No, they will shit them all over the barn before they crawl off in to a corner and contaminate the hay.

4. beckymaenot says:

It’s just so hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that these people absolutely refuse to get a vaccine recommended by the CDC and now the FDA – but they will take a de-wormer meant for livestock instead. They don’t trust the vaccine to work on the virus, but they believe some facebookfakeMD who says ivermectin is a miracle cure. They won’t listen to their doctor- a medical professional with a decade of special education and training explain how the mRNA vaccine was 2 decades in the making, that over 5 billion people worldwide have received one of the several vaccines available- so it’s not like they are actual lab rats here- but they will believe some idiot anti-vax farm hand who tells them to literally ingest poison. Fuck. We are doomed as a species.

• MDavis says:

I gotta finally speak out on this.
      I’m pretty sure there are many factors that go into this lunacy. Things like Trump Derangement Syndrome, which really means “I’d rather literally die than admit that Trump is deranged”, and that Q stuff and all the trolls running Fox and Newsmax and ONAN news.
      But –
      A lot of doctors that we’ve encountered in rural areas are worth something less than zero. I don’t know if they don’t like the rural area they chose to set up shop in, or the average quality of the help they can get doing their books or if it is just the lack of competition – pretty hard to just get up and drive to the next doctor over when he’s a hundred miles away – but everyone around here has stories about mistreatment by doctors. And I don’t mean “friend of a friend” stories. There is the guy whose son and daughter in law, in the middle of flu season, went to the doctor with flu symptoms and came back without their appendixes. There’s the friend whose wife was bitching about her doctor telling her that her test for cervical cancer could wait nine months until there was a convenient opening for the testing. When you get down to “friend of a friend” you find stories like the minor child with water on the knee – solved with amputation of the leg. I can’t confirm, but the quality of care here makes it believable.
      Not to discount that a lot of this bs is due to people gobbling up stupid like it’s a feast, but the decades long decay of the American medical system hasn’t promoted trust, especially in rural areas where the denizens are basically captive to whichever vultures decide to set up shop there.

• Richard Portman says:

I was so happy, when i finally got ACA assistance, that i lucked out with the doctor i chose.
        I was afraid i would end up with one of those old time Mormon country doctors.
        His dad was a doctor, he is a doctor, and if the gentiles dont get him, the grandson will be a doctor too.
        Instead , i was lucky. I found a nice, intelligent doctor who does not have fossilized attitudes. I went for my yearly visit last week. He asked Why you are Here?
        No particular reason, but i thought i should check in and get my bloodwork done.
        I can’t even imagine how stressful this past year has been for him.

• Ten Bears says:

When I won the lottery and got OHP they assigned me a doctor about as big around as she is tall, as I am tall, a white-girl that apparently never learned English as she never did seem to grasp the simple combination of English words: “no, I don’t use drugs,” and all she seemed to be interested in was sticking her finger up my ass and infecting me with a live virus.

Walked right out the door, haven’t been back …

• pagan in repose says:

Don’t forget the physical intimidation factor involved in all this. Living in those kinds of small communities leaves people exposed to local use of violence for persuasion. Wink wink, nod nod kind of communication/enforcement. This is inclusive of the escalation of violent rhetoric coming from the anti-mask crazy as a loon maniac’s. They are now making violent threats out loud, in public, and in front of news camera and local law enforcement seems to be doing little to stop it.

“we are doomed” is just the beginning.