Tap three times if you want Ivermectin

(stolen from Twitter)

Republicans: tap your hooves three times…

Clamoring for ivermectin, some turn to a pro-Trump telemedicine website

Much as the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine became an unproven remedy for Covid deniers, ivermectin has emerged in recent weeks as a new false cure.

There’s a lot of weak-brained people out there and a lot of grifters who are making serious coin off of them.

When users visit the telemedicine website SpeakWithAnMD.com, they are immediately hit with a warning: “Due to overwhelming demand, we are experiencing longer than usual wait times.”

The demand is for ivermectin, a drug primarily used to deworm animals that has become the latest false cure for Covid-19. And the website, in partnership with the organization America’s Frontline Doctors, whose founder stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, has become well-known in the Facebook groups and Reddit communities where anti-vaccination sentiment thrives.

I guess we should have seen this coming: the “doctor” pushing livestock dewormer also participated in The Stupid Coup.

This entry was posted in Drinking Bleach for Fun and Profit, Pandemics, The Stupid Coup. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Tap three times if you want Ivermectin

1. Also, obligatory xkcd repeat:

2. sos says:

They let you do anything. You can grab them by the horse de-wormer.

3. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I’m cool with a bunch of violent insurrectionists destroying their innards with quack medicine. Their civil war will be a messy shitshow, literally.

4. Stony Pillow says:

Can we take up a GoFundMe to buy them pails of apple flavored horse paste? I’m in for 20 Ameros.

• FELINE MAMA says:

Does it have to be “apple flavored”? Seems like a waste of apple flavoring. I’ll bet adding it to some high octane moonshine would be a real winner. I’m in.
      I’ve NEVER been so apathetic to a group of, “people?” Except for the ‘chillins.’

5. spotthedog says:

Strange how the number of horse’s asses far exceeds the number of horses.

These very same assholes will be screaming for universal healthcare before this shit’s over.

7. pagan in repose says:

It’s just about time to pull out the old finishing phrase used by me when things get this hair-balled up and it goes like this: Well, fuck it all!

It comes in a pill version as I understand it.