And Not A Drop To Drink

Sweet Jeebus, it’s come to this? The pandemic is so great that tropical Orlando must divert oxygen away from water treatment to treat Trump-Virus patients in ICUs.

DeSantis has failed his state spectacularly.

This entry was posted in 2024 Goat Rodeo, Crazeee States, Floriduh, Pandemics, Ron DeSantis. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to And Not A Drop To Drink

1. They are asking people to limit use of irrigation, pressure washing and washing cars to start. They believe this could reduce consumption by 40%.

40% of their water goes to that?? Orlando gets 52 inches of rain annually, on average every three days!! wtf are they irrigating? Swamps?

I don’t get it, either, BDR. But it’s not like golf courses in the desert…

When I lived in Los Angeles, I remember watching a lot of my neighbors every morning hose-down the pavement before getting in their cars and going to work. I never understood what that was about.

2. Jimmy T says:

I’m expecting water usage to increase because freedumb. A’int no gubment gonna be telling me what to do. Not going to drop the whole poem of “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner” here but the key line yes…

Water, water, every where,
    And all the boards did shrink;
    Water, water, every where,
    Nor any drop to drink.
    Seems apropos…

3. sos says:

Florida, man. Come for the COVID (delta variant), stay for the cryptosporidium, leptospirosis and legionnaire’s disease!

4. w3ski4me says:

Desiccated or asphyxiated, your choice Florida. What a “great” place to live. If the snakes, spiders, and other assorted wildlife, don’t kill you first.
    I love that image of Buggs saving the country.
    w3ski

5. Ten Bears says:

The water is so bad the have to treat it with oxygen?

• Richard Portman says:

I heard this morning that it might have that rotten egg smell., but don’t panic, everything is ok and it won’t hurt you.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

This guy explains it:

6. Sirius Lunacy says:

We are in the middle of our rainy season here in Florida. We’ve had extra rain brought in by the extra tropical systems recently as well. Orlando is AT THIS VERY MOMENT under a flood watch after having had a couple of inches of rain in the last hour or so. We do have a large number of winter residents along with a fairly large number of lazy residents who have their sprinklers systems set to keep the grass green in the winter dry season and don’t bother to turn them off or adjust them to the rainy season. Me, I let my grass turn brown in the winter. It saves me having to mow it and it always comes back strong when the rain kicks in.

7. Richard Portman says:

Wait a minute. I thought he was governor of that poor afflicted state. I thought the water supply would be an important thing to take care of.
    But no, he is too busy flashing his baby blues and saying President Desantis.
    What a disgusting politician.

8. Redhand says:

DeSantis has failed his state spectacularly.

But, will they re-elect this asshole? That’s the question.

9. pagan in repose says:

Water, like all natural resources we need to survive, falls under the spell of this old saying/rationale, “(fill in the blank) as far as the eye can see.” And Florida keep running this saying through the car wash over and over.