Preach!

This. Exactly this.

Meanwhile, we learn that Mississippi’s hospitals are near collapse:

“Hard-hit Mississippi has requested the federal government send a military hospital ship such as the USNS Comfort.”

This entry was posted in Pandemics. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Preach!

1. beckymaenot says:

Yep- this^^^ I was totally sputtering, red faced, pissed off- dude was way more coherent than I. I’m with this guy.

2. Immediately above that story about Mississippi:

No evidence of superspreader event at Lollapalooza
    Thursday marks 14 days since the start of Lollapalooza in Chicago and officials have found no evidence of a superspreader event stemming from the music festival, city health commissioner Dr. Allison Arwady said.

There have been 203 cases of COVID-19 linked to the festival, Arwady said. No one was hospitalized or died, she said.

About 385,000 people attended Lollapalooza, most of whom were vaccinated

, Arwady said.

(Actually IIRC you were required to show proof of vaccination to get in, so I’m guessing the vast majority of them were)

203 cases = 0.05% of attendees. 0.00% hospitalized 0.00% dead.

VACCINATION WORKS! Hoodathunkit???

I’d like to staple that article to the foreheads of several Rethuglican governors. I’ll even be nice and use a desk stapler instead of my nail gun…

Sorry. Pointing out the obvious to a republican is a complete waste of time.

4. Jimmy T says:

Saw that earlier today somewhere else. A righteous rant from a guy who wants the best medical care he can find for his wife, and now that care is compromised because there are far too many people who oppose science or even good common sense. I hope his wife’s health won’t be severely affected, but it sounds like it already has been because morons…

5. revzafod says:

This one deserves to be pinned to the top all week, and to go viral. Everyone pass it on to everyone you know.

6. jaf48 says:

This is inspiring and heartbreaking. unfortunately logic doesn’t exist in Magaland. Neither do kindness nor consideration. If fear, self-obsession, and rage were helpful then we would have a bright outlook. EFF the spreadheads.

7. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

The way this thing is tearing through the South, they should call it the Sherman variant.

8. Oneofthebobs says:

This man’s wife has an excellent advocate. I wish them both well.