Don’t Have An Emergency In Floriduh, Guys!

Any Floriduh Scissorheads out there?

Covid surge prompts one Florida county to ask residents to use 911 sparingly

First responders along Florida’s Space Coast pleaded with residents Wednesday to think twice before calling 911, as they struggle to contain the region’s skyrocketing number of Covid-19 cases.

Jampacked emergency rooms and intensive care units have slowed hospital operations to a crawl, Brevard County Fire Rescue and Emergency Management officials said.

Those delays have forced them into the unprecedented position of asking residents of Florida’s 10th largest county to consider other medical options before dialing those three digits for emergency help.

So don’t have any heart attacks or break any legs, guys. Any questions? Direct them to Gov. DeSantis.

This entry was posted in 2024 Goat Rodeo, Crazeee States, Don't Re-Open, Floriduh, Herd Immunity, masks, Pandemics, Ron DeSantis, Shelter-in-Place, Vaccine. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Don’t Have An Emergency In Floriduh, Guys!

1. Bruce388 says:

A MAGAt high school classmate who unfriended me for calling him a fake Xtian lives in Brevard County. Suck on it, Curt.

2. Ten Bears says:

Call a Hippie!

3. Jimmy T says:

Well, they brought it upon themselves. So I’m guessing they’re waiting for the Second Coming. I found this a few days ago, and it made me laugh. Not the deep belly kind of laugh but a full on chortling attack. Pretty sure it was supposed to to serious, but so it goes…

4. Sirius Lunacy says:

“So don’t have any heart attacks or break any legs, guys.” Or have any hurricanes.

I’m going to write DeathSantis an Email to tell him how much I appreciate his hard work a preserving my personal liberty to be a danger to myself and others. And to let him know how much I am looking forward to him outlawing speed limit mandates, seat belt mandates, sober driving mandates, hard hat and steel toed shoes at the workplace mandates and the thousands of other similar mandates that are in the Florida statutes. Or, perhaps I’ll tell him to quit being such an asshole and to look after my and all other Floridians’ RIGHT TO LIFE AFTER BIRTH, and push for mask mandates and vaccine mandates. I’m still on the fence on this, guess it’s time to go flip a coin.

5. osirisopto says:

At this rate, pretty soon, they’re going to need to make some hard decisions about health care.

We can probably expect a committee of “experts” deciding who lives and who dies, kinda like a death panel.

6. FELINE MAMA says:

My wish for DarthSantis is simple: Here’s hoping Hell comes to breakfast !!

7. skinnydennis says:

“…pleaded with residents Wednesday to think twice before calling 911”.
    But, MickeyD is out of nuggets! Don’t laugh, it happened!

8. lofgren says:

I was trying to explain this situation to my neighbors, as they went on and on about how COVID isn’t that deadly and masks don’t work and the vaccine isn’t really a vaccine, etc.

Look, you can pick away at anomalous facts all you want. The full hospitals and the bodies piling up in refrigerated trucks because the morgue was overflowing are facts. The lack of ventilators is a fact. Italy turning anybody with co-morbidities or older than 65 away from the hospital because they had to focus on saving younger patients who had a better chance of survival is a fact.

You can deny COVID is really a problem all you want, but something happened last year that overwhelmed hospitals and killed thousands of people. Even if the number is inflated, that’s a buttload of extra deaths. Add in the extra deaths that we suspect are due to people being unable to get medical care because doctors and hospitals were overrun, and it’s safe to say that something is killing people.

Now, if you want to embrace implausible conspiracy theories instead of the most parsimonious explanation that there is a new coronavirus variant creating a pandemic, well that’s dumb. But to stake out and cling to the position that actually nothing is wrong at all? I don’t even know how to respond to that.

Like, we can debate whether the stars are distant miasmas of incandescent plasma or pinpricks in the curtain of night, but what do you say to somebody who insists that there are no stars at all? It’s the crudest, most impenetrable form of denialism. I have no idea how to respond it, except incoherent sputtering.

• This. I got a Facebook reply from some moron “Death rate is 0.0005% This is all about control!”

I didn’t even bother replying because I have a life. But like they did in Wuhan way back at the beginning of this: “Don’t count the official deaths. Count the funerals” when folks counted up how many funeral urns had been ordered in Wuhan and compared them to the official toll, and found orders of magnitude of difference.

When we’re through all of this, someone needs to count how many death certificates were issued, because when people die…you need those to get insurance, into accounts, deal with debts, taxes, and wills. If you’ve ever dealt with this it’s amazing how many little things need this, even for young people.

The certificate doesn’t even have to say ‘COVID’ on it; just the sheer number over the normal is going to be very large.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Forget the death rate for a while, what is the population of people who will suffer permanent impairments from this virus? Sorry kid, your dreams of being a track star are over!

• ali redford says:

Amen.

9. pagan in repose says:

Their heads are so far up their own asses that their head is coming out their mouth that isn’t there because their head is so far up their ass. Somebody call an ambulance, it’s an emergency that nobody can respond to because they have their heads so far up their…how many dead people is it going to take. I Believe that is now the most pressing question…we are so deep into the abyss now…what is it going to take…a presidential order and the national guard?

Please note. Life expectancy in the United States declined by a year and a half in 2020. It was the largest one-year decline since World War II.

11. beckymaenot says:

I’ve spent 15 minutes typing an angry, incoherent screed about this situation that I deleted rather than post. Suffice it to say- I am angry at the selfish deathcultfuckers ™. My empathy died with the first child who died from covid because these deathcultfuckers ™ don’t understand the first thing about civilization, society or community. They are the worst people on the planet and I want nothing more to do with them.

12. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Consider other medical options… a bottle of whisky, a leather strap to bite down on, and a reasonably sharp penknife…