K-Mac makes his unsurprising 5 white dude picks for the Insurrection Commission. Our pals over at Electoral-Vote name names, and give the reasons why they were the chosen ones:
Here are the five Republican members—pending approval from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)—along with the apparent reason they were chosen:
- Jim Banks (IN) is the chair of the Republican Study Committee, the largest ideological caucus in the House, and one that counts the 153 most right-wing Republicans as members. He will be the ranking member of the Select Committee.
- Jim Jordan (OH) is the ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee.
- Troy Nehls (TX) is in his first term, and is a former sheriff who has supported the Capitol Police, if not the view that the incident was an insurrection.
- Rodney Davis (IL) is the ranking member of the House Administration Committee.
- Kelly Armstrong (ND) is a former lawyer who served on the House Judiciary Committee during the first Trump impeachment.
IF Nancy Smash approves these dudes, Banks will be the ranking member (the head Coup Klux Klanner) and he has sumpin’ to say about it:
“Make no mistake, Nancy Pelosi created this committee solely to malign conservatives and to justify the Left’s authoritarian agenda [and] I will do everything possible to give the American people the facts about the lead up to January 6, the riot that day, and the responses from Capitol leadership and the Biden administration.”
[Announcer’s Voice] There was no Biden Administration on January 6
So we’re off to a good start. All eyes are on Gym Jordan, who has a long record of not seeing crimes.